Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

ojaw

A-List Customer
Not happening. It's not a good sight. Either I lose weight or sell them. And get a trucker jacket.

It's cool to see someone from Winnipeg here. My entire family lives in Winnipeg and are tryna get me to move there as well but I live in Europe so I'm reluctant.
I'd be reluctant to move to Winnipeg too if I wasn't already in custody here.

Kit Karson Indian Scout. Love the wool lining. Hopefully will take the place of the Guidemaster Wolf. Thanks @Marc mndt for posting this in the deals/find thread.

0C8A639A-DD1C-411B-B483-CE0D0B7FE7CE.jpeg
A21262DD-4E06-45A9-9F6C-4758873DB53F.jpeg

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
I just ordered this suede jacket. They listed it as 50s but there doesn’t seem to be any tag. Zipper looks like a Conmar so that may help. I’m sure I’ll be asking if anyone can place it once it arrives. But it looks pretty nice in the pictures and it was a pretty good deal!
C5321628-5159-4F12-9627-50F4A3163B90.jpeg

Leigh H

Practically Family
I just ordered this suede jacket. They listed it as 50s but there doesn’t seem to be any tag. Zipper looks like a Conmar so that may help. I’m sure I’ll be asking if anyone can place it once it arrives. But it looks pretty nice in the pictures and it was a pretty good deal!
View attachment 407969

Thats awesome! very much like the one Bruce Willis wears in Pulp fiction

pulpbutch-cl.jpg

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Are vests allowed on jackets thread? :D I took this sleeveless Cal to wear something nice during the summers. Like all of you, I really miss leather jackets at this time of year, so I've spent a few euros to take this former jacket turned into a vest. The switch isn't a good work, the inside is a total mess (as if a drunk velociraptor would have bitten it), but eh! I want to wear it in summer, so who needs a lining...? I'm hesitant to remove what's remains, get a new full one, or leave it as is.

Vest01.jpeg
Vest02.jpeg

Are vests allowed on jackets thread? :D I took this sleeveless Cal to wear something nice during the summers. Like all of you, I really miss leather jackets at this time of year, so I've spent a few euros to take this former jacket turned into a vest. The switch isn't a good work, the inside is a total mess (as if a drunk velociraptor would have bitten it), but eh! I want to wear it in summer, so who needs a lining...? I'm hesitant to remove what's remains, get a new full one, or leave it as is.

View attachment 408463 View attachment 408464

It's super cool! I did this with a Schott but lost weight and it didn't fit me anymore. I'd love to have another one. I say remove the lining and wear it just as is.

hodgeko

One of the Regulars
Thats awesome! very much like the one Bruce Willis wears in Pulp fiction

pulpbutch-cl.jpg

Yeah! I was looking for cool examples on film, so thanks for that. So far I found similar suede jackets on Elvis, James Dean, and 21 Jump Street-era Johnny Depp!

Leather Walker

Practically Family
It's super cool! I did this with a Schott but lost weight and it didn't fit me anymore. I'd love to have another one. I say remove the lining and wear it just as is.
Thanks, man! I know it's very worn. I don't want to imagine the sleeves condition to prefer taking 'em out. Or perhaps one of the previous owners just wanted to have a vest instead of a jacket. Who knows. In any case, now I must wait a little to receive it. Maybe by the time I get it, the weather is just over the 28ºC/82ºF, so I'll put it on instantly.

Yeah, I saw your Schott 125 jacket-into-vest topic. Very cool piece. I have never worn a leather vest, but I know it's not much a useful garment (not talking about riding, of course), but a fashion outfit just to wear over a shirt.

willyto

One Too Many
Getting my Phillips back from Dena. I needed additional length in the sleeves. As usual she did a spot on perfect job. Normally I wouldn’t disturb a vintage jacket this pristine, but it had to be done, and I trust her above all others.
View attachment 408962

I would have probably just asked for a whole new cuff with the lenght needed. This feels very weird to me. It's a good job but not for me as you can clearly see double cuffs.

I would have probably just asked for a whole new cuff with the lenght needed. This feels very weird to me. It's a good job but not for me as you can clearly see double cuffs.
Yeah I hear you. Honestly it doesn’t bother me and creating a whole new cuff might have been even more strange, if not impossible.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Getting my Phillips back from Dena. I needed additional length in the sleeves. As usual she did a spot on perfect job. Normally I wouldn’t disturb a vintage jacket this pristine, but it had to be done, and I trust her above all others.
View attachment 408962

I will not call it "barf worthy" because that would be unnecessarily hostile. It looks like a hack job and I would not wear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld