Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
I can't see my hat when I'm wearing it. Oh yeah, I guess I can. I do find myself using any mirror or glass I pass by to admire my hat!
As far as others, I usually only see a couple a month. It might even be the same guy. I'm too busy looking at the nice fedora to remember his face. Ha.

g.durand

One Too Many
Yesterday morning at 12th and Folsom in San Francisco I saw, for the second time in a week, a gray-haired gentleman in the crosswalk as I was driving. He was wearing a medium brim black fedora, maybe a Borsalino. I was wearing my Stetson Pinnacle. I rolled down my window and told him "Nice hat". It got a smile out of him. I usually see one or two fedoras a day in San Francisco and its surroundings. Most are stingies and wool fedoras, but occasionally there will be someone wearing a nice fur felt medium to wide brim fedora. I'm always on the lookout.

Spotted two today, a younger fellow wearing a newer but decent fedora and and older gentleman wearing a brown fur with nice beige ribbon.

Also I received two " I like your hat" comments from a couple ladys, there boyfriends in baseball caps just gave me dirty looks. LOL

Over all a good.

Best regards.

CCJ

plain old dave

A-List Customer
At the gun show today, saw 2-3 ORs (including mine) and an M1902 campaign hat. Rest were cowboy hats or ball caps. The OR is making a comeback of sorts in the shooting sports.

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
It's been a cold rainy day today with the possibility of snow tonight. Walking into the local grocery I noticed a
saddled horse and loaded pack horse tied up on the edge of the parking lot. I met the owner at the door. A
cowboy type with a western style rain cape but instead of a cowboy hat, a Fed IV- a very wet Fed IV. We
exchanged pleasantries then I watched him saddled up and ride off into the cold rain bound for who knows
where. tougher than me for sure.

RBH

Bartender
It's been a cold rainy day today with the possibility of snow tonight. Walking into the local grocery I noticed a
saddled horse and loaded pack horse tied up on the edge of the parking lot. I met the owner at the door. A
cowboy type with a western style rain cape but instead of a cowboy hat, a Fed IV- a very wet Fed IV. We
exchanged pleasantries then I watched him saddled up and ride off into the cold rain bound for who knows
where. tougher than me for sure.

Would it have been the gent here ... in the back of the line?

stony-charlie-shuck.jpg

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Close, but no cigar, actually real close but this guy was much younger. he walked out the door, acknowledged my hat, and I his, but he never really stopped walking , just slowed down a little. I guess he had people to do and places to be.

kolchak

New in Town
I see gentlemen every day with Fedoras, Trilbys, Homburgs and even the occasional Bowler.

Here is some Bowler action from last night in Mitte. Guerra Bombetta links Im Bild. Im Bild rechts bin Ich mit meinem Goorin Wollfilz Jentleman Jack -
90vsyc.jpg

And Fedoras from Saturday in the Marheineke Markthalle in Kreuzberg. Deutsche Mitglieder des Fedora Lounges erkennen vielleicht mitten im Bild Marius del Mestre von dem Band Ton Stein Scherben!
14jrh39.jpg

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
I saw a guy yesterday with one at Ihop. It looked like fur felt. It was chocolate brown with a mid width ribbon. I tried to check it out from across the room when he took it off. I couldn't tell what brand it was but it had a cloth sweat band. It looked too nice on the outside to not have a leather sweat.

Close, but no cigar, actually real close but this guy was much younger. he walked out the door, acknowledged my hat, and I his, but he never really stopped walking , just slowed down a little. I guess he had people to do and places to be.

Reminds of a Client Eastwood movie in which he plays a Preacher, Can't think of the movie name? Help here please.
Anyway at the movie end he rides off and a young lady is shouting out to him Preacher, Preacher, we love you preacher.

I spotted three today while in town. I also have a couple of my country club friends contemplating purchasing a straw for the up coming spring summer season.

Thanks for the post.

Best regards

CCJ

Brian Niebuhr

One of the Regulars
Today was a good day(for my town). One nice brown fur felt wide brim fedora (I see this man around from time to time). Two straw westerns, one wool western, one fur felt western and one stingy wool. These were all at one store. Plus my Camp Draft!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe