Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long does it take you to get ready?

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
How long does it take you to get ready? 5 minutes? 10? Maybe 15 or 20? This includes time to take a shower, brush teeth, shave, choose a suit, tie, hat, shoes, socks, etc. Comments?

Thanks,

J.J.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
ufguy11 said:
How long does it take you to get ready? 5 minutes? 10? Maybe 15 or 20? This includes time to take a shower, brush teeth, shave, choose a suit, tie, hat, shoes, socks, etc. Comments?
QUOTE]

Depends if I'm dressing for work or going out on the town. For work: 15 to 20 minutes to shave, shower and get dressed at a nice relaxed pace. Going out: probably 30 to 45 minutes to shave, shower, fuss with my hair, dress, then admire the man in the mirror for a good ten minutes.

-MC

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I timed this recently. For me to set my hair and get ready it takes about 5 hours not including the time I'm sleeping on my pincurls. And people wonder why I don't dress vintage everyday... for regular wear I can be out of the house in half an hour.

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
Depends entirely on how long it takes me to tie my tie and put on my cufflinks. I have ties of various different ages and, therefore, lengths. It's hit or miss; sometimes it'll take me some 10 minutes to get it the right length compared to jacket, etc. And the cufflinks, well, it just depends on the day I guess.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I'd say about 45 minutes. I usually have my clothes ready for the next day so that I don't have to spend time in the morning. I haven't been putting any hair dressing on lately. I'm still being careful with my new hat from Art. If I use the grease it could take longer. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes just to get my tie right.

Rosie

One Too Many
It depends. Going to work, about 1 hour because I usually pick out my clothes the night before and lay out everything I'm going to wear, down to undergarments and shoes as to not take too much time. For a night out, maybe two hours but this includes, should I wear this dress or that dress, should I wear my wedgies or slingbacks, should I wear these gloves?...etc.

Elaina

One Too Many
Depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

I can walk out of my house in 3 minutes, but I'm not fit to be seen by anyone, and I guarentee I look like a teenaged boy doing it.

Most of the time I start getting dressed at 5 a.m. and I'm ready for the day by 11. But since this is a misnomer here, it really only takes a grand total of a little under 2 hours, if I do my hair in pin curls it may take longer, if I wash my hair that morning.

Usually takes me about 4 hours to actually leave the house.

Elaina

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
90 minutes

That includes feeding the livestock (three dogs), letting the livestock out, bringing the livestock back in, making coffee and breakfast, shower, shave, stopping the bleeding, getting dressed, and persuading my wife to get out of bed. Sometimes it also includes getting my son out of bed, changing his diaper, getting him fed, and dressed. For those days I need 2 hours.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
An hour. That includes showering (not washing my hair), fixing my hair, putting my face on, getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing my teeth, doing yoga, and giving the dog his food, water, pills and some love.

When I was in basic training, we had to wake up a 5:00 (earlier in reality) and be dressed and in formation on the drill pad at 5:01:30 (yes, that's five-oh-one and thirty seconds).

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Fun post!

For me its like...
- Daily thing:45 minutes. Shower, Shave, carefull upper lip-shave, grooming, choosing hat, matching clothes
- Extra thing: nearly 1,5 hours. For that extra crisp pencil thin moustache, for the perfect halfcircle hair-parting, and that tie-thing
- Special thing: 2 hours/ half a day. Listening to swingjazz, adjusting sockholders, sleeveholders, fixing eyebrows and nails

czack

One of the Regulars
30 minutes if I am going to work. I generally iron and lay my clothes out the night before because I am NOT a morning person. The less decisions I have to make, the better. An hour if I am going out socially.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe