Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How long did it take to get your Montecristi?

Fedoraphile

New in Town
univibe88 said:
Sit tight grasshopper. You'll be glad you did. What will you do with your $299 once you get it back? Buy a 500 wpsi Monticristi from somebody else? Um, probably not.

Get one of Bob's Cuencas for short money from ebay if you need a summertime hat to hold you over.

Tap, tap, tap! Say it again!

BTW, I am one happy customer of Bob's. I won one of his Diamante's on eBay. Great looking hat. Can't beat the price. Just about every day I wear that baby the compliments come in. Had one today, in fact. I tweaked it a bit with steam and made the pinch a bit pinchier. Love it!

Fedoraphile

Jfala

Familiar Face
Anticipation is a b***h isn't it. I waited 5 weeks for my Montecristi,obviously not as long as some, but still a wait; but I expected it as well. The hat is fantastic and well worth my time sitting by the mailbox. Bob provides a great value added service with his customs and I too would be saddened if he got out of that side of the business. Hang in there, it is worth the wait. :)

- Jeff

sonorlite

New in Town
Just to be clear, I have no problem waiting for a custom product if I know upfront approximately how long it's going to take. I have waited a year for a custom knife and five months for an Aero.

However, the checkbox on the website says:

PLEASE CHECK AFTER YOU'VE READ: MONTECRISTI HATS: Please allow sufficient time. If you find that you can not wait for excellence, please think twice before ordering. Spring/summer estimation is 3-5 weeks for most hats, as of February 29, 2008.

Bob did say that most hats do take 5 weeks and mine is an anomaly.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Most of our hat orders do take less than 5 weeks. Of the 4,000 or so hats that we'll sell this year, a low percentage will take longer, yes, but then that is how you get an average.

Hey, everyone, let's watch the packages. www.usps.com EE00596587EC EE00749635EC

The list, according to brother-in-law, contains every outstanding hat, save one or two museum quality. Of course, brother-in-law did not grow up with USA values, norms, and customs, so stretching the truth is a specialty of his.

Stan

A-List Customer
Just wait for it

Hi,

The hat *will* be worth the wait. I don't recall exactly how long I waited, on the order of 8 weeks though, and I wound up with a wonderfully woven hat - and I only went for the $150 low-end Fino. I actually can't picture what the higher-end ones must look like. I echo the others in saying it's a lot of hat for the money.

I did make one mistake, though - and it is *my* goof. I ordered it blocked in Montecristi and should have ordered it unblocked and sent to Art.

See, I ordered a custom felt from Art at the same time I ordered the Montecristi from Bob, and so had not yet experienced a properly fitting hat. Well, the custom felt from Art came a week or so before the Montecristi and, well, it spoiled me, actually.

So, I waited for a completed hat from Bob only to send it off to Art a couple weeks after I received it for it to be custom fitted - and so generated another wait for myself! :eusa_doh:

Fortunately, I ordered a couple basic Panamas from Bob as well, one for me and one for my wife as farm & garden hats. So, I do have a Panama to wear until the nicer one gets back from it's cross-country trip. :D

Oh, and my wife likes hers so well that she won't wear it for farm and garden work, and so will continue to wear the old farm store straw hats.

Later!

Stan

univibe88

One Too Many
sonorlite said:
Just to be clear, I have no problem waiting for a custom product if I know upfront approximately how long it's going to take. I have waited a year for a custom knife and five months for an Aero.

However, the checkbox on the website says:

PLEASE CHECK AFTER YOU'VE READ: MONTECRISTI HATS: Please allow sufficient time. If you find that you can not wait for excellence, please think twice before ordering. Spring/summer estimation is 3-5 weeks for most hats, as of February 29, 2008.

What is an Aero?

We all the know the wait is hard, and I'm sure you made your post just looking for some friends to feel your pain. We do brother, we do!! We are all telling you that it will be worth the wait to try and be comforting friends.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
sonorlite said:
Just to be clear, I have no problem waiting for a custom product if I know upfront approximately how long it's going to take. /// However, the checkbox on the website says:

/// Spring/summer estimation is 3-5 weeks for most hats, as of February 29, 2008.

Sonorlite, I want to echo what Univibe88 said, and emphasize that you are very welcome here, and we understand how you feel. I have a hat on order from Bob and am sure, from all the feedback I've seen, that it will be worth the wait. But here's what I want to add:

I'm a scientist and I deal with statistics a good deal. So when I see something like "estimation 3-5 weeks for most hats" I immediately picture a bell curve, with standard deviation lines at 3 and 5 weeks, and realize fully I might win the lottery and end up on the short-time tail, or I might very well end up somewhere on the long-time tail. If they say "we assure you'll have your hat within 5 weeks", that's completely different and I would begin to nudge privately, gently and courteously after that point.

No criticism intended good sir, just an observation and encouragement for not abandoning your order.

- Bill

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
It seems I've been provided the EMS numbers incorrectly. Now, my dear brother-in-law states them as:

ee011783825ec
ee007496385ec

It seems some brainiac in Quito sent the second box back to the coast stating that it had an invalid address. First box should leave customs and be here tomorrow or Monday. I pray that the guys who are ready to string me up have their hats next week.

flylot74

One of the Regulars
OMG!!!! It's so D*MN GORGEOUS!

It's here, it's here. Oh, It is sooooooo nice! And I so deserve this hat!

I know, I know, worthless without pictures, but I just gotta yell at the top of my lungs for a minute. It is beeeeeeeuuuuuuuutiful! Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine the fine weave of this hat!

Bob, ya outdid yourself! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'll get pics up as soon as I can, I'm just very busy right now, but I will get my bride to take a pic or two shortly.

Worth the wait? Uh, yeah!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe