Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween Mustang

GregO

One of the Regulars
How does the Mustang compare to the Vicenza in terms of ease of wear and comfort right out of the box?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, but when it gets really broken in, it'd look pretty good, no?

I'm trying to think of a hide for a Teamster that'd work well, is mid-weight and orangey. Already have a cafe racer in battered tan, so trying something else. A tumbled russet, or something.
Why not go with russet Vicenza/Italian horsehide? It's a beautiful hide that has a fantastic hand and drape. Here are a couple of PAWINEGUY's pictures of his size 42 Sheene that he has just listed in the Classified that shows how russet Italian HH ages to perfection.

IMG_0383.JPG IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG

Last edited:

zebedee

One Too Many
Thanks, Fanch- I was starting to think of this. There's a great-looking Mariner in this colour on Aero's Instagram.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think the pictures above illustrate the problem showing the true color of a hide as none of the four pictures look alike. Maybe PAWINEGUY will see this thread and comment. I am particularly partial to both the russet and seal brown Italian/Vicenza HH's that is IMO well worth the additional charge.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
I think the pictures above illustrate the problem showing the true color of a hide as none of the four pictures look alike. Maybe PAWINEGUY will see this thread and comment. I am particularly partial to both the russet and seal brown Italian/Vicenza HH's that is IMO well worth the additional charge.

I would say the top left is the most accurate, but not only is it hard to photograph the hide in the correct color, the russet really changes so much dependent upon the light source that's hitting it. To me it's a positive as the different shades of brown make it very versatile.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I would say the top left is the most accurate, but not only is it hard to photograph the hide in the correct color, the russet really changes so much dependent upon the light source that's hitting it. To me it's a positive as the different shades of brown make it very versatile.

My russet Vicenza Sheene might be just a bit shade lighter then yours but hasn't yet developed grain to the extent of yours. You are correct regarding the versatility of the russet Vicenza color that seems to go with virtually everything I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe