Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

billyspew

One Too Many
I've been doing a little bit of a stock check recently and only then realised how many homburgs I had so thought I'd share the little family.

5578870093_2f872b91e8_z.jpg

Back Row (L-R): Adam Executive 50's Black with dark maroon ribbon and binding, Adam Executive late 40's/early 50's Navy, Adam late 30's/ early 40's Brown
Middle (L-R): Adam Suberb mid 30's Brown, Royal Stetson Vita-Felt, early 40's grey with pinkish binding, Adam Executive mid 50's Taupe, Adam Executive late 40's/early 50's Taupe with copper ribbon, Adam "The Envoy" late 30's Black
Front: Dunn & Co 60's/70's Black

Datings are all approximate.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I've been doing a little bit of a stock check recently and only then realised how many homburgs I had so thought I'd share the little family.

5578870093_2f872b91e8_z.jpg

Back Row (L-R): Adam Executive 50's Black with dark maroon ribbon and binding, Adam Executive late 40's/early 50's Navy, Adam late 30's/ early 40's Brown
Middle (L-R): Adam Suberb mid 30's Brown, Royal Stetson Vita-Felt, early 40's grey with pinkish binding, Adam Executive mid 50's Taupe, Adam Executive late 40's/early 50's Taupe with copper ribbon, Adam "The Envoy" late 30's Black
Front: Dunn & Co 60's/70's Black

Datings are all approximate.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Thats just an awesome sight, Billy!!! Those tall crown homburgs get me every time. Just awesome!!

This one is my favorite "Mayser Hut Seidl Munich" although I really like the Nagy. By the way RLK (Robert) has a big collection too. :)

5224029121_b4cde8516e_b.jpg

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
wow!
I saw an interesting looking one by Mayser on a German website recently. Caught my eye because it had a tightly closed curl all the way 'round-- really neat, and unique looking. I don't know much German but I have to assume it was wool, since it was marked at 99 Euros.

Thanks!

If it is this one its fur felt. It does have a nice curl but not the Homburg smile. :)

http://hatshopping.com/Felt__outdoor/Fur_Felt_Homburg_by_Mayser.htm

I don't have any modern Mayser Homburgs. The special Mayser Hut Seidel above was made in 1958 and has some of the best detail work in my collection.

I have a modern fur felt Mayser City Finale and it is very nicely made (one of the better modern production hats I have encountered) although most people on here wouldn't like the blocking.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/page__view__findpost__p__211

billyspew

One Too Many
I have a modern fur felt Mayser City Finale and it is very nicely made (one of the better modern production hats I have encountered) although most people on here wouldn't like the blocking.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/3-mayser-hutfabrik/page__view__findpost__p__211

Off topic I know, but I think I looked at one of these in a hat shop in Amsterdam last year. Was surprised at the quality, a little better than the Christy's ones.

The City Finale has nice felt and the detail work is tighter than you see with Borsalino, Stetson and Akubra in my opinion. Mayser moved all soft felt hat production to Slovakia (this is where they are making cloth hats) as of today so not sure what impact that will make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe