Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hmmmm what song is this..?

HodgePodge

One of the Regulars
Hugh Beaumont said:
Sounds like something composed especially for that tribute.

I can't rule it out, but a lot of the time I hear things in montages/tributes/etc. on TV and figure 'huh, must be an in-house composition or something,' only to find out later that it is an actual song.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hugh Beaumont said:
Sounds like something composed especially for that tribute.

I'd guess, as well, it's something that TCM commissioned, but not just for Malden, since I've never heard it anywhere else but on TCM. They've been using it for years & years anytime they have a tribute to a deceased performer, or usually at year-end when they run one showing all who've passed during the prior calendar year.

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Networks use a lot of canned music, or pay to have someone compose something. It's cheaper. If they were to use an existing song, they would have to license it, which means BIG bucks. I am guessing these little tributes aren't worth that kind of money.

One reason The Wonder Years will NEVER see the light of day on DVD. They used so much pop music, it would cost them millions, upon millions to license them again for DVD release.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I think Dawson's Creek had a similar issue, although I've never really followed the show other than the featured music. If I remember correctly, for re-reuns and DVDs, they actually used different music!

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
I figured as much, thanks for all your help guys! Its a really great composition...I think I remembered it because I think I have heard it so many times lol. Again, thanks for all your suggestions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld