Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hiya

Charlie Reader

New in Town
Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome!

@SinatraStyle: Yeah, FS was the definite hat man to me. Nice to hear I'm not the only "Frankophile" here ;) Are you member of any fan societies or clubs?

As said before, I adore the Fifties in general - suits, ties, print layouts & designs, cars (yup J.M. Stovall, the Thunderbird's fantastic too!). How great are that old movies, Gregory Peck and many others too had much style wearing hats. Anyway, I'd like to live in the mid-50's, best of all in NYC, of course...

But I must say, Regensburg (my home town in Bavaria) ist quite a good place for hat lovers too, mostly because of one of the nowadays very few hat manufacturers ("Hutmacher am Dom") who produces great handmade hats and is famous for them in all of Germany, rather say Europe. If it interests you, here's their homepage: Der Hutmacher am Dom
Sure it wouldn't be as nice as possessing a vintage original - but I'm thinking about letting them reproduce that "Cavanagh Milano" model as a special design. I guess that would be quite expensive though and would cost me a small holiday trip :rolleyes:

@Jamespowers: Simply an envy "WOW" about your photo. Hope I go that far some time...!

Kind regards,

Andreas

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
"Frankophile"

Andrea,

I like that term. I seriouly doubt that I would be here at the Lounge had it not been for Mr. Sinatra.

This may be :eek:fftopic: , but what Sinatra societies/fan clubs do you belong to? I currenlty do not belong to any.

Charlie Reader

New in Town
Hi SinatraStlye,

currently I'm only a member of the Deutsche Sinatra Society e.V. (German Sinatra Society). The "German" in the name stands for the language,we include Switzerland and Austria too. I'm also in the "managing committee" there (may sound pompous, in fact I only put our magazine together and do the layout/designs for it). However, it's big fun, and the greatest thing are our member meetings (one big per year, and many many others in-between. It's quite fascinating what different people you get to know among Sinatra fans. Website (umm if it interests you, I hope this doesn't disturb anyone - since we're a completely uncommercial club of course): http://www.deutsche-sinatra-society.de

By the way, everybody's welcome - no matter if she or he speaks German or anything else ;) (we're proud to have some English speaking members too. Tony Bennett and Liza Minnelli are among them, of course they're both honorary members)

Kind regards,

Andreas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe