Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman 3.5 months old

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello Nick;

Your Highwayman is really looking the part now.

I think this picture should ease the apprehension felt by some when they think that the Aero Highwayman is "too boxy of a cut."

You wear your jacket very well Nick.........thanks for posting.

Best regards,
coffee

...and that the FQHH is stiff and doesn't break in.
Agreed. It looks awesome!

Hello Nick;

Your Highwayman is really looking the part now.

I think this picture should ease the apprehension felt by some when they think that the Aero Highwayman is "too boxy of a cut."

You wear your jacket very well Nick.........thanks for posting.

Best regards,
coffee

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Nick, I have recently become more of a fan of the Highwayman. Yours looks great. I picked up an Ebay sale of an Aero Highwayman in FQHH in Oxblood color, and it fits up a storm on me. Will post pics as soon as I can get some shots.

tempesh

New in Town
Great images of the progress of your Highwayman, mine is quite the same but no Alpaca lining. I wish I would have gone for that. The point is you hardly wear the Jacket in summer and in the evenings or at the rest of the year I would have been grateful for a bit more isolation.

Here the images, an update will follow:
http://be-cause-blog.com/2011/11/08/aero-leather-higwayman-horsehide-leather-jacket/

Does anyone know how much it would be to change the lining to alpaca ? Just a raw figure would be enough.
Thanks

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Are Highwayman jackets ideal MC jackets? With the thick HH pulling from the armpits across the back, does one feel encumbered when one leans forward and reaches out?

Just curious if the bi-level backs make sense for my choice in a dual MC/Street jacket from Aero in brown HH. I know that the name "highwayman" came about from riding, if I'm not mistaken, but I have never been sure if riders tend to buy them for riding. They sure do look good. A classic.

Edward

Bartender
Are Highwayman jackets ideal MC jackets? With the thick HH pulling from the armpits across the back, does one feel encumbered when one leans forward and reaches out?

Just curious if the bi-level backs make sense for my choice in a dual MC/Street jacket from Aero in brown HH. I know that the name "highwayman" came about from riding, if I'm not mistaken, but I have never been sure if riders tend to buy them for riding. They sure do look good. A classic.

A lot probably depends on what and how you ride. A lot of bikers on here seem to prefer the modern, Power Rangers stuff for actually riding, obviously (and not unreasonably) being prepared to trade off style against safety. If it were me, I'd be prepared to compromise on the safety gear against the style, but then I'd not be interested in riding anything other than the sort of lower-powered bikes at the sort of low speeds that were common back when the Aero designs were regular motorcycle-type wear. Not sure I'd choose a Highwayman, as despite the accuracy of the design historically, I should have thought a close-fitting jacket would be more protecting in a spill. I'm sure others who do ride regularly can advise better, though.

tempesh

New in Town
Hello Nick,
thanks a lot for this info, I guess I will go for it. Already there is some tear on the tartan on both sides where the jacket is
tightened by the buckles.
bye
Alex

tempesh

New in Town
my highwayman after 9 month of wear

My Highwayman heavy front quarter horsehide jacket after about 9 month of wear. Slowly it shows some character.

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Nick and Art:

They should put an Aero jacket in the next Bond film. Nothing wrong with CC here in America. Actually, leather pockets and FQHH are ideal to keep "man's best friend" from imprinting through the front of a jacket. Aeros make ideal companions whilst walking one's dog out on the moors, in the midst of all manner of humans and animals. Around my neck o' the woods, we have mountain lions, bear, and wolves, but they are far less of a concern than two legged predators. There's nothing like an Aero and man's best friend to keep one calm, centered, and free of concern in such cases when walking one's "other" best friend to give both of your the exercise you deserve. Of course, this said, Butte lives in California where CC permit guidelines are more stringent. Oh well. Them's the breaks. California has a lot going for it, generally speaking. It's a great state, to be sure.

Last edited:
Nick and Art:

Nothing wrong with CC here in America. Actually, leather pockets and FQHH are ideal to keep "man's best friend" from imprinting through the front of a jacket. Aeros make ideal companions whilst walking one's dog out on the moors, in the midst of all manner of humans and animals. Around my neck o' the woods, we have mountain lions, bear, and wolves, but they are far less of a concern than two legged predators. There's nothing like an Aero and man's best friend to keep one calm, centered, and free of concern in such cases when walking one's "other" best friend to give both of your the exercise you deserve. Of course, this said, Butte lives in the People's Republik of Amerika, where such freedoms have been dribbled away for no good reason by weak minded men who do not know the difference between liberty and "safety" and tend to give the wolves the keys to the henhouses in an effort to keep th hen's safe from other neighbors who would actually look after their hens if the need arose.

WT* are you talking about?

Dav

One Too Many
Hi Hammer, I responded to Art implying that I looked like James Bond not that I was carrying a weapon, sorry for the confusion. I have nothing against CC as long as it is legal to do so!

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
Actually, I don't take meds, don't drink, don't smoke, don't have as much fun as you guys, probably, either. But I am a jacket-o-holic. My one vice. That and using my CC gun pocket about 3% of the time I wear me jacket. I must needs say that pockets' a fine piece o' workmanship, aye. I was actually going to comment on that amazing Highwayman, though, but you guys keep distracting me. Can we just get back to discussing Dav's outstanding jacket, already? So tell us, Dav? Does that jacket have a gun pocket? Do tell. I personally find the extra heavy leather to be quite useful for other things, as well. I once dumped a bunch of spare change in my gun pocket and it sat there unnoticed for weeks due to the outstanding construction. When I discovered the change, I almost felt as if a joke had been played on me. Was it a conspiracy? Naw. I just shrugged and spent the change on a few games of pinball.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe