Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Waists

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
You can find them otr.
Edit - A high waisted modern suit will generally be a "hit or miss" situation but they can be found.

Interestingly, I wanted to share an experience I had just yesterday. I had a suit made up many years ago by a Hong Kong tailor recommended to me by colleagues whilst working there. He did shirts/suits/pants for nearly the entire office. I still wear some of his shirts.

I recently 'found' this suit again (it was in storage), and with my newfound knowledge (too bad there's no icon for tongue-in-cheek here) decided to check it out.

When I had this made (2000), I knew nothing about suits, and basically left it to his discretion. Among the things I found:

1. 'high waisted' trousers. Or at least, higher waisted than any of my other pants. They are about 1cm below the naval, and unlined.

2. armpit sweatshields (from the wool)

3. partial lining in the jacket.

4. 100% cashmere 100 wool

5. pen pocket

Fortunately, his name and contact details are still in the suit, so I'm going to look him up on a return visit to Hong Kong in November. I hope he's still around. I wish I had some examples for him to copy. I wonder what he'll create when I tell him to focus on the vintage details? As I remember, he was a pretty old fellow back then...

Regards,
- SteveN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe