Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Rise Jeans

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
;)
In the 80s/90s I wore higher-waisted trousers, but it wasn't really my thing. They hold up naturally when I fix them at the height of my natural waist. They make the lower body look far too bulky for my taste. But as always, it's just a question of personal taste.

I've recently bought several pairs of 'relaxed straight' or 'wide straight' which are based on vintage 1950's Levi's 501's. And yeah, they've got the 'dad jeans' wide at the hips thing going on. I used to hate that look but I've come back to it full circle I guess lol. It's not my favorite cut. I guess I'd say a 'regular straight' would be my favorite, like a modern Levi's 501 cut with a medium-high rise and a straight leg but without the wide hips. But I can't always be picky. I'm into selvedge denim within a certain weight range and my favorite cuts aren't always available in my exact size. But this 'wide straight' cut thing does work well for me with the heavier winter weight denims

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jbain75