Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hi...new guy

cwchmc

New in Town
I just wanted to introduce myself since a few new members have done so recently. I've been lurking for a few months. I'm new to the vintage clothing thing and really don't have any actual vintage items yet. Though I've been watching Ebay to try to pick up a few items.
I've been interested in the Golden Era for years. My love of pulp fiction started my interest in the period and I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan. Like Solomon Kane, I'm a big fan of Robert E. Howard. But while he calls himself a Christian Zealot, I'm quit the opposite. Just goes to show how great an author REH was.
Since joining the forum, I've become an everyday hat wearer. I've always loved fedora's and newsboy style caps but was afraid I would look silly wearing them. In reality most people don't even seem to notice and if I do get a comment, its a compliment. Currently my only fedora is a cheap wool felt but I have a PB Custom Indy on the way (thanks Jimmy) and have been watching Ebay like a hawk to aquire my first vintage.
Anyway, I love the forum. I've learned a lot and plan to be around for a while.

Chuck

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
"Welcome to the party, pal!"
If you need anything, let me know.
It's a good group here; very knowledgeable, many different personalities and specialties. There is much to be learned on these pages.
As soon as you get something, share it with the group.
All the best,
-HJ

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome Chuck!
Glad to have you amongst us. This place is a great repository of information about all things vintage and interesting. Like Hemingway had said, once you get your things, you must show them off. We love pictures around here.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe