Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERITAGE grade Akubra Campdraft in Silver Belly Campaign

frussell

One Too Many
Received this email from Jenny at Hatsdirect today:
Hi Frank,

We have been in contact with the new Production Manager at Akubra and it is possible for us to have the Akubra Campdraft made in the Heritage Grade Felt in the Silverbelly colour.

The lead time for the new hat will probably be about 4 - 5 months and the price of the new hat will be the same as the Federation IV Deluxe hat.

If you would like to discuss trim options (i.e. bound edge (contrasting or same colour), width of band, colour of band and bow (contrasting or same colour) for the hat on the Fedora Lounge forum, we will be able to finalise the finished style of the hat. Be aware, we will have to make a final decision and we will only have one option for the trim.

Keep the discussion alive on the Fedora Lounge, the more interest in the new style the better.

Picker

One of the Regulars
I think we have all probably received the email from Hatsdirect, and it looks like we will get some input regarding trim colors and details. For my part, I would like to have it just as it is now; after all, that's the reason we all like the Camp Draft. So, I'm for having the ribbbon and bound edge just like they are on the regular felt CD, just in Heritage quality.
Picker

warbird

One Too Many
Nice work guys. THIS is why the Fed exists in the first place. HD and Akubra have always been gracious enough to try and respond positively anytime they feel like they can do so.Try your best and build a consensus of what features people can agree upon and go from there. Tom good work again on starting the big push. I am excited to see what comes out of the discussion and may have to jump in myself.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I recieved the email this morning also. Oh boy it is great that they are responsive to users. Now on to the options we have. I am going to jump into Photoshop with the options as see how it looks.

DougC

Practically Family
I think keeping the same options/trim, brim and crown as the current CD would be ideal for me. This is the most excited I've been about a hat since I found a vintage OR for $25!!!

Nice work guys. THIS is why the Fed exists in the first place. HD and Akubra have always been gracious enough to try and respond positively anytime they feel like they can do so.Try your best and build a consensus of what features people can agree upon and go from there. Tom good work again on starting the big push. I am excited to see what comes out of the discussion and may have to jump in myself.

My pleasure Coley. I guess there may be a few Imperial Silver Belly Campdrafts hitting the Classifieds or floating on the Bay shortly. I think mine will get re-creased a little more western. Now, wonder if that Moonstone version is still possible.....

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Country-CampDraft-SilverBelly-preview.jpg

There is this silverbelly Campdraft form the Akubra site.

Picker

One of the Regulars
If the siverbelly Campdraft in Heritage becomes a reality, I'll keep my regular CD, remove the liner, and wear it for spring and summer sweaty bummin' around, at least when the Georgia heat and humidity allow. I want it to acquire a good old-fashioned Depression-era, workin' man look. It's so light and pretty now that I just can't bring myself to let it get dirty. With a 4 to 5 month lead time as Jenny indicated, we may all have the Heritage versions in time for next Fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe