Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's what I want for Christmas - Steampunk electric car.

Cobden

Practically Family
I feel it would be better if it derived it's propulsion from the source implied by the first adjective in the title

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The nice thing about a one-seater is you never have to give anybody a ride......

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
They mention somewhere in the article that since the electric car platform is pretty simople to construct, greater variation in body styling might be possible. Combine that with the presumable eventual drop in price, as the technology matures, maybe some day I'll have my 41 Buick, just scaled down onto an electric chassis.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
maybe some day I'll have my 41 Buick, just scaled down onto an electric chassis.

You mean, if they can build it to satisfy the insurance industry... er, I mean, government safety standards.

Put a tall, two- or four-passenger coupe body on the vehicle in the original post and you'd have something highly reminiscent of the Detroit Electric my wife and I had the pleasure to take a cruise in at the most recent Old Car Festival. My wife would buy one in a heartbeat if such a body style became available.

-Dave

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, the reason it only goes 35 is because you don't have to crash-test to make it street and freeway legal. Crash testing costs about $100 K. So this would be a "neighborhood vehicle". I like it a lot, but I would rather have a closed car due to theelements...to protect the vintage! And since my day job is working for the oldest supplier of parts to the EV industry, as soon as I have the spare $ I do plan to build my own electric 30s style torpedo roadster. www.electricmotorsport.com, in case anyone wants to check us out.

Kid Mac

Practically Family
That's version 2.0, Dave. ;) Since it plugs into a household outlet to recharge, I thought the man whose works formed the basis for modern alternating current deserved props. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael