Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Needed for Vintage Panama Repair

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Hello All!

Just received a vintage Bond Panama fedora that I won on OFAS. Seller neglected to mention a slight split (quarter inch) in the edge of the brim in the back. :rage:

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do a temporary fix/patch job to prevent the split from getting bigger?

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
I think any type of temporary repair you try may damage the hat even more and costing you more in the long run. Since it is a Panama hat it is an item which is woven by hand. With what little I know on the subject and in my opinion it is going to require a reweave of the area. I would suggest contacting Panama Bob since he knows the resources to get this done and in the process I believe I am not sure but it probably can be cleaned at the same time. In fact if you go to Panama Bob's web site he has a blurb on the subject in his hat care area. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the input, guys...

The hat is relatively inexpensive and a lesser brand (Bond) with a low WPI. I think I will request a refund from the seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82