Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello from a new member

Barry

Practically Family
Just wanted to say hello. I joined this week. I've been into caps (ivy, driver - not baseball) for a few years now. I decided to give a Fedora a shot and ordered a Federation. It should arrive either Friday or Monday. I can't wait. I was also thinking about purchasing a leather jacket for a while and just learned about Aero leather here. Wow - they look good on the web. I hope they are as nice as people say - I ordered one last night.

I'm sure I"ll be back for more tips on how to shape the hat.

Barry

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the Lounge Barry. Sit down, have a few drinks and tell a few stories. Please post the pics when you get your Federation. This is a great place to learn and share.

Cheers!

Dan

Barry

Practically Family
Mycroft said:
Welcome, so what jacket are you considering from Aero? :cheers1: -on me

I decided on the Highwayman in Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide (Black). The reason I picked black is because I had an old brown leather jacket that i retired a while back - I wanted something for a change. Plus, I needed a new jacket anyways and I decided that since I haven't spent that much on jackets in the last couple of years I would go ahead and purchase something really nice. From what I've read the quality of the leather should be MUCH nicer than my old jacket.

I'll see if I can post some pictures when in comes in (two weeks or so).

Barry

Mycroft

One Too Many
Barry said:
I decided on the Highwayman in Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide (Black). The reason I picked black is because I had an old brown leather jacket that i retired a while back - I wanted something for a change. Plus, I needed a new jacket anyways and I decided that since I haven't spent that much on jackets in the last couple of years I would go ahead and purchase something really nice. From what I've read the quality of the leather should be MUCH nicer than my old jacket.

I'll see if I can post some pictures when in comes in (two weeks or so).

Barry

Very cool, great selection.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm buying you a beer right now Barry.
beer.gif

Barry

Practically Family
Thank you all for the welcomes and beers :). Once the hat arrives I will post some pictures of it, maybe pre and post molding shots. This will be my first Fedora (I usually wear ivy or driver caps, as I mentioned) and "bashing/molding" it seems like it will be a little bit intimidating - I don't want to mess the hat up!

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally