Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawker Hurricane

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I think that this might very well be it MikeBravo. Although Spitfire posted a thread a few years back about his 1/32 Corgi pre-built Hurri.

Funny you should mention modelling as I have been mucking around with a 1/72 Hawker Tempest this week, after not having done any for 2 years!

Start a thread, there's a few here who occasionally fiddle around with plastic :)

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Smithy said:
I think that this might very well be it MikeBravo. Although Spitfire posted a thread a few years back about his 1/32 Corgi pre-built Hurri.

Funny you should mention modelling as I have been mucking around with a 1/72 Hawker Tempest this week, after not having done any for 2 years!

Start a thread, there's a few here who occasionally fiddle around with plastic :)

Hey, if MikeBravo doesn't start one, I definitely will. I belong to a website called Large Scale Planes where we build model aircraft in 1/32 scale and larger. If you want to see some incredible work, check it out. Right now, I'm building a natural metal finish 1/24 scale P47D From Vintage Fighter Series. Just as a teaser, here is a 1/32 scale TBolt from Revell I built years ago.

tbolt2-Copy.jpg

scan0007-Copy.jpg

tbolt3.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Lovely Jug Silver Dollar!

So you're an oven mitt scale man eh :D

I build 72 and 48 myself, I'll try and post a couple of pics in your new thread.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
rumblefish said:
I wish I'd seen this thread earlier, to see the first set of photos. Any chance of posting them again Tim?

I'll dig them out for you Chris, give me a day or so and I'll post them.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Smithy said:

Done! Just started a thread in Display Case

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=997586#post997586

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Chris, those are all decals (a mixture of Hasegawa and Tally Ho!). Before decalling I give the model two coats of Future/Klear floor polish, then decal (using Micro Sol on any that are tricky), then another coat of Future to seal the decals, I'll do a panel line and "dirt" wash now, then a coat of matt varnish, then pastel weathering, then a final coat of matt varnish to seal the pastels and done. I think the variety of clear coats that I use after decalling help to smooth everything out and "blend" the decals in with the paint.

Silver Dollar, yes this is a genuine Battle of Britain Hurri flown by one of your countrymen, Billy Fiske of 601 Sqn :)

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
Thanks for the info, Smithy. After seeing a bunch of threads in this section, I've started to take a genuine interest in the Battle of Britain. I have to admire how hard the RAF had to work. Although the US was in some tough situations, they never had to go through something like that to protect the homeland for so long a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe