Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian dresses

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Hawaiian Rayon at Joanns on Sale

I was in Joann's last night and noticed that they currently have rather nice 100% rayon hawaiian prints on sale. I got 4 yds of 60 wide for $23 to make a playsuit/skirt combo

I have generally given up on Joann's and was surprised to make such a find!

Honey Doll

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wanted to ask about the Chop Suey Sisters items. Has anyone bought anything from them? I am especially curious about the 24" inseam on the pants. seems very short!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I wanted to ask about the Chop Suey Sisters items. Has anyone bought anything from them? I am especially curious about the 24" inseam on the pants. seems very short!

I emailed them and they said that it is a 24" inseam. I know thats very short. I measured it out on my inseam and its only an inch or two shorter than I like for vintage stuff. I am waiting for a response about how much fabric is in the hem.

Edit: I just got the naswer back and she said there is only a hlaf of an inch in hte hem but if it did'nt fit right, she would refund my money. So The question do you make on and know it will fit or buy one and take a gamble?

samantha

Honey Doll

Practically Family
24 inch inseam

Might this be the inseam of a garment with a long rise? Ask her what the measurement is from waist to floor.

Honey Doll

rosierawhyde

New in Town
Rompers out of shorter sarong dresses?

I recently purchased a sarong dress off EBay and while it fits, it is a bit shorter than I would perfer. I thought of reselling it and then thought about making shorts out of the bottoms and turning it into a romper/playsuit. Has anyone does this?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rosierawhyde said:
I recently purchased a sarong dress off EBay and while it fits, it is a bit shorter than I would perfer. I thought of reselling it and then thought about making shorts out of the bottoms and turning it into a romper/playsuit. Has anyone does this?

Sarong dresses are woth a lot of money if they're the right style. I'd resell it. altering it would be pretty drastic, especially if it's vintage!

olive bleu

One Too Many
I wonder if Hawaiian prints are going to be big this year? I saw in my usual fabric store today a whole rack labelled "Aloha Prints".Unfortunately i was there looking for twill , so i had to avert my eyes and behave myself..but next week on payday....:)

rosierawhyde

New in Town
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Sarong dresses are woth a lot of money if they're the right style. I'd resell it. altering it would be pretty drastic, especially if it's vintage!

Yes, that is what I was thinking. I hope I would at least get back what I paid for it. I didnt ask the seller how long it was and I am not sure if its 50s or 80s does 50s. The print is really nice and not too over the top which is what I find with the 80s does 50s dresses so I figured what a great deal and went for it.

Thanks for the advice!

Josephine

One Too Many
rosierawhyde said:
Yes, that is what I was thinking. I hope I would at least get back what I paid for it. I didnt ask the seller how long it was and I am not sure if its 50s or 80s does 50s. The print is really nice and not too over the top which is what I find with the 80s does 50s dresses so I figured what a great deal and went for it.

Thanks for the advice!

Tell us more about the construction of the sarong/what it looks like/pictures and we (ok, not me, but others here :)) might be able to tell you if it's 50s or 80s does 50s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe