Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Having trouble deciding on clothing for summer business trips, any advice?

JLStorm

Practically Family
Hello,

I have never been one to dress nicely, I never looked messy, but I was always extremely casual. I recently moved into a management position on some very visible projects and found that while I still do like a nice pair of jeans, I also have a horrible addiction to nice ties and cashmere blazers.

Anyway, long story short, I have a long duration project in a location where it reaches 110 degrees in the summer and I have no idea how to dress for this. I have pants covered, but Im not sure if I could stand to wear a tie in that heat and as much as I enjoy wearing a nice blazer or sports coat, I cannot imagine adding another layer in that type of heat.

Any advice on how keep from overheating and looking out of place, but still dress well?

Geesie

Practically Family
JLStorm said:
Hello,

I have never been one to dress nicely, I never looked messy, but I was always extremely casual. I recently moved into a management position on some very visible projects and found that while I still do like a nice pair of jeans, I also have a horrible addiction to nice ties and cashmere blazers.

Anyway, long story short, I have a long duration project in a location where it reaches 110 degrees in the summer and I have no idea how to dress for this. I have pants covered, but Im not sure if I could stand to wear a tie in that heat and as much as I enjoy wearing a nice blazer or sports coat, I cannot imagine adding another layer in that type of heat.

Any advice on how keep from overheating and looking out of place, but still dress well?

That really depends on where this place is. In Hawaii, for example, aloha shirts are acceptable business attire.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
JLStorm said:
California mostly.

Interesting tidbit. I live in California, and I own a couple of Hawaiian shirts, but I rarely wore them outside of actual Hawaiian vacations... hmm, are they actually an accepted part of business attire during summer in California? Is this in your personal experience? Thanks if you can answer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe