Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats on the Today show

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I noticed this morning that Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show was wearing a black or navy blue fedora this morning while standing outside in the cold. He looked quite good in it, and indeed he is usually quite well-dressed. His cohost commented about it, and he said something about needing to keep his head warm in the 20-degree temperatures, especially given his thinning hair.

His other cohost, Al Roker, often wears a hat while he's outside announcing the weather, but this was the first time I've seen Lauer in a hat. I wonder if this indicates hats are becoming more acceptable, since prominent media types tend not to dress flamboyantly. Or perhaps Lauer is just an unusually stylish member of his profession. Maybe he will even help lead the way in getting hats more and more into popular society?

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
I certainly hope that this means fashion is on the up and up. I too notices Roker wearing a brown fed just the other day.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
last night, i caught the last few minutes of a "Law and Order" "CSI" or something like that...one of the lead characters was wearing a dark grey or black fedora with a nice trench coat...

mark the shoeshine boy

analogist

One of the Regulars
Matt Lauer's Hat

Matt Lauer wore a Borsalino Como purchased from Mitchell's of Westport Ct.
Just about allof Matt and Al Roker's wardrobe is from there.

analogist

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Forget about his hat, how about his dress.

6218.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe