Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in modern life

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm...it depends. Just a few days ago in a bar a friend of mine blinked her eyelashes at me, pursed her lips and and gestured towards my hat in a fashion that I found absolutely irresistible, so I put my Stetson Sovereign on her head - and she looked absolutely gorgeous in it! ;)

Of course (sometimes there is no help :rolleyes:) I found myself quietly singing to her "You can leave your (...) hat on..." - to which she responded with even more blinking of her very long eylashes and pursed lips. It suddenly got very hot in that bar... ;) :D

Trebuchet64_Fal

Familiar Face
Sometimes it is good to see famous people wearing hats but unfortunately most of them only seek publicity by whatever seems hip at the time .
I am much more heartened by the growing number of average joe's wearing hats, in my neck of the woods hat wearing is booming .

NeilA

Familiar Face
Trebuchet64_Fal said:
Sometimes it is good to see famous people wearing hats but unfortunately most of them only seek publicity by whatever seems hip at the time .
I am much more heartened by the growing number of average joe's wearing hats, in my neck of the woods hat wearing is booming .

Perhaps the key words offer some insight. I dont realy care if fedoras are a fad now. I haven't really gotten any downright rude comments, and being the selfconcious person I am, I'm fine with this fact.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Mario said:
Hmmm...it depends. Just a few days ago in a bar a friend of mine blinked her eyelashes at me, pursed her lips and and gestured towards my hat in a fashion that I found absolutely irresistible, so I put my Stetson Sovereign on her head - and she looked absolutely gorgeous in it! ;)

Of course (sometimes there is no help :rolleyes:) I found myself quietly singing to her "You can leave your (...) hat on..." - to which she responded with even more blinking of her very long eylashes and pursed lips. It suddenly got very hot in that bar... ;) :D

I agree with Mario on two things. I wouldn't like someone grabbing my hat, but probably wouldn't mind so much given the scenario in the bar he described! I also think Tom Waits is one helluva fedora-wearer (note another example in my avatar.)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Among the students here at the Uni, my hat is more popular than I am.
Possibly better known too, but I am not really sure on that one.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Mario said:

The only potential problem with this scenario is that she could have left you with a very unflattering case of hat hair.:eek:

Not the thing when trying to impress the ladies!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
elvisroe said:
The only potential problem with this scenario is that she could have left you with a very unflattering case of hat hair.:eek:

Not the thing when trying to impress the ladies!

Funny that Chianski should mention Tom Waits - my hairdo (a mighty word to use here!) looks pretty similar to Tom's most of the time anyway, so... :rolleyes:

elvisroe

A-List Customer
lol Receeding and tousouled? Like Tom it's all about the attitude that goes with it!

1242157655567_f.jpg

:eek:fftopic:
I actually lost my favourite tweed flat-cap by giving in to feminine charms a few years ago.

It was during a student protest at university where we occupied a campus building for a few crazy days. A nubile young theatre student charmed it off my head and looked so fine wearing it that I couldn't say no. Being busy coordinating the "event" I never quite got around to getting it back and saw it pass me on several different heads through the night.

By the time we'd concluded a wild week of sleepless nights and gruelling meetings with the university hierarchy I had no idea where it ended up and never saw it again.

Sacrificed to the cause I guess..."sigh"..I did love that lid.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Not receeeding, but touseld does fit. Like a bird's nest after a hailstorm... ;)

:eek: :eek:

hatless.jpg

Oh well, for the greater good... :)

cool look, Mario. First time that I see you without a hat on. Maybe a thread "loungers without hats" should be open!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Aureliano said:
cool look, Mario. First time that I see you without a hat on. Maybe a thread "loungers without hats" should be open!

Ha! I've been thinking about the very same thing for quite some time now. That'd be a fun thread, I'm sure. The "What hat are you not wearing today" thread. :D

It actually felt a bit strange to post a hatless photo. I'm feeling almost naughty... lol ;)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Ha! I've been thinking about the very same thing for quite some time now. That'd be a fun thread, I'm sure. The "What hat are you not wearing today" thread. :D

It actually felt a bit strange to post a hatless photo. I'm feeling almost naughty... lol ;)

Let's do it, Mario. It'd be fun!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Mario - classic 'do, as in hairdo! You may not remember but you posted a picture of Waits in the beginning of this thread and, indeed, there is a resemblance there. Also evocative of Eraserhead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld