Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Back in my university days, I would have snuck one of those glasses into my bag or pocket after finishing the drink! Now I don’t want to encourage no law breakin’, but it should be easy if you’ve got a big coat.
Winter's not over yet. I collect in pairs, minimum. I'm sure if I asked I could get a pair from the barmaid.

StoryPNW

One Too Many
Back in my university days, I would have snuck one of those glasses into my bag or pocket after finishing the drink! Now I don’t want to encourage no law breakin’, but it should be easy if you’ve got a big coat.
When we went to Ireland a few years ago we went to a brewery in Galway and wanted one of their glasses. When the waitress told us that they didn't have any for sale we asked if we could buy one off the table, she smiled and said they break all the time that we could just take one. ;)

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
I always enjoy Talisker, but it’s tasting particularly good tonight as Etsuko and I enjoy a nightcap to finish her birthday celebrations.
55DBDBA2-BEB5-44B9-A8A5-B08CEFB68C3E.jpeg

As for the hats…
A Hornskov Mogul for me and Akubra Leisure Time for Etsuko.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Through mid week I enjoyed finishing off some Dangerous Man Cream Ale and Guinness Stout.

i-sTVWjj9-M.jpg

i-45dqKPx-M.jpg

Home yesterday after some crazy air travels (travel to Texas) I relaxed under a Stetson Twenty and sipped an All Day IPA.

i-3rJvWGW-M.jpg

This morning will grilling I am sipping my regular pilsner, Surley Supreme. Glad to have a day of my choice ahead of me. I am going to choose a walkabout in the woods in a while.

i-gF7SpG9-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I always enjoy Talisker, but it’s tasting particularly good tonight as Etsuko and I enjoy a nightcap to finish her birthday celebrations. View attachment 405693
As for the hats…
A Hornskov Mogul for me and Akubra Leisure Time for Etsuko.

Happy belated birthday sir to both you and your wife. You know how to make the day special.

Catching up on this thread I am inspired to sip some whiskey this afternoon. Reading your post I can taste the Talisker.

Cheers, Eric -

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Happy belated birthday sir to both you and your wife. You know how to make the day special.

Catching up on this thread I am inspired to sip some whiskey this afternoon. Reading your post I can taste the Talisker.

Cheers, Eric -
Thanks, Eric.
The Talisker has been a favourite for a long time, but recently, with my bourbon adventures, it hadn’t seemed quite so great. It maybe lacks the sweetness I’ve grown accustomed to…I do love the toffee up front that some whiskies give, but for some reason, today the brininess of the Talisker is just hitting all the right spots.

When I learned that the score of 96 points was for the Plata distilled from the 2020 agave harvest from the La Loma field, & that it was in short supply I went looking for more. I managed to find two more bottles to add to my open bottle & a lead maybe on two more.

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3802.jpg
A0DC3432-5B1E-4581-AEB3-02B25B1CF945.jpeg

I think you can read the tasting notes.

A19B7486-D4C8-4D85-9E72-0ACCAB1CEE8D.jpeg

M

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82