Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Storage

new2hats

A-List Customer
So I've been skimming this section, as I have about 10-12 hats all stacked up. I've been double stacking hats in some boxes as much as I can. Can anyone point the way to making my own hat box? And inserts. I know there are some "rings" made out of cardboard and some flat cardboard panels with a cut-away.

I don't want a rack, as I'm afraid moths and dust will get to them.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I just had a made-to-order hat safe delivered today. A hat closet, with capacity for 45 hats is supposed to be delivered next Thursday. The closet will have a lock, but I plan to put my most expensive hats in the safe (14 hats, or 28 if I only stack them two at a time) when I leave on vacation.
Last week I was worried about my hats getting stolen by the maids when I was in Acapulco, so I stacked them all inside a smaller safe and they got squished.
bb44b2ef0323c1f5065a2ee835796125.jpg
b74c16130d41caca409c5066fbca3882.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I just had a made-to-order hat safe delivered today. A hat closet, with capacity for 45 hats is supposed to be delivered next Thursday. The closet will have a lock, but I plan to put my most expensive hats in the safe (14 hats, or 28 if I only stack them two at a time) when I leave on vacation.
Last week I was worried about my hats getting stolen by the maids when I was in Acapulco, so I stacked them all inside a smaller safe and they got squished.
bb44b2ef0323c1f5065a2ee835796125.jpg
b74c16130d41caca409c5066fbca3882.jpg

Are you interested in adopting a middle aged man? Maybe just hiring me to curate your growing collection? I love your passion: no half-measures with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Wives can be like that.
They wouldn't be wives if they weren't. They would be lovers, instead.

When I told my Mom I was going to get married again, she said "Why would you want to marry her? I thought you said you loved her." :)

I dearly love my wife anyway, but I wish she were my lover as well... Well, you can't have everything.

They wouldn't be wives if they weren't. They would be lovers, instead.

When I told my Mom I was going to get married again, she said "Why would you want to marry her? I thought you said you loved her." :)

I dearly love my wife anyway, but I wish she were my lover as well... Well, you can't have everything.

I couldn’t say it better.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I forgot to ask the dimensions of this case. How deep is it? Did you measure your hats and have it built special? Looks like it matches the other closets.
Yes, I had a carpenter build it to match the wood in the other closets. I measured the hats. I remember the interior space between every shelf is 15.5 cms.
I don't remember the depth, but every shelf is 8 cms short of being level with the door, so that the front of the brim can "hang" from the edge of the shelf without being squished when the door closes.
And I think the interior width of the closet is something like 96 cms., so that I can have three hats per shelf without the brims touching each other.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Nicely done, Max!! My only suggestion might be to place the Panamas upside down in a cardboard "ring" on the shelf, as if it were in a hatbox. That way, the brims will stay as you like.
Thanks, Red.
Edit.: Sorry. I responded to the post late last night, and I was still pretty sick, Charlie.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe