Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Storage?

ph33nyx

New in Town
When at work, how do you keep your hat if you don't have access to a hat rack? I've seen some things that could sit on a desk to keep a hat, or do you just flip it over on the crown?
TIA

I bought one of this hat stands from local Western Wear/Feed store that sits on a shelf in my bookcase. It is plastic with legs, cost about $4.00. You can't see it but can see how it holds my lid...
cdgghs.jpg

Dewhurst

Practically Family
I have a velvet like surface near that I just flip my hat crown down on top of. (But most of the time I use a hat rack, I'm literally surrounded by them at "work")

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have a rather old Dell desktop on my desk at work. I put my hat on top of the monitor, facing me, with the front of the brim hanging off the front edge so as not to distort it. The monitor doesnt even get as hot than a normal day in the summer sun here.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I have replica copper 'diving helmet', it's about the size of a grapfruit, or so. It works great to hang my Biltmore on. Everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I will be across the pond for the next two weeks, so I may not be able to check in as much!

JimWagner

Practically Family
I took a little scrap wood and an over the door hook and made this -
hatrack1.jpg

which I have sitting on top of the overhead on my desk at work. I use the sandbags for added security but I don't think I really need them.

hatrack2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld