Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Cartoons

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I did a search and didn't see any threads devoted to hat cartoons, so I thought I'd start one. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Here's one to get it rolling: (Hope it's big enough to see.)

100_1067.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I don't have a copy handy ... but it would have to be the old Far Side that shows a vulture with a huge Stetson on and he's addressing a group of other vultures, saying: "Howdy, howdy, howdy ... I'm a cowboy!"
Funny stuff,

Sam

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Gary Larson was such a gifted cartoonist! He knew when to hang up his hat, but his fans know it was too soon. I wonder what he's doing nowadays?

I haven't read the cartoon section, since Calvin and Hobbes terminated. Long time now. 1995. Most brilliant strip in my lifetime.
I couldn't agree more. Watterson was a true wordsmith who used sarcasm, satire, social commentary, and the wonders of being a child to good effect, often in the same strip. As for his art, I'd put it up against any "comic" artist from any era.

Tracer_Bullet_04.jpg

Tracer_Bullet_05.jpg

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gary Larson was such a gifted cartoonist! He knew when to hang up his hat, but his fans know it was too soon. I wonder what he's doing nowadays?

Gary Larson is completely derivative from another earlier cartoonist, who did not have a strip, named B. Kliban. See if you can get a copy by Kliban of "Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head" from the 1970s, a paperback, for the best cartoons ever in that genre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter