Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harvey Korman - RIP 5/29/08

Harvey Korman noted actor comedian passed away today at 81. Noted for his place on the Carrol Burnett Show and in several Mel Brooks films.

Great comedy from this talented man, he will be sorely missed.

John in Covina said:
Harvey Korman noted actor comedian passed away today at 81. Noted for his place on the Carrol Burnett Show and in several Mel Brooks films.

Great comedy from this talented man, he will be sorely missed.

Geez, now I heard the theme for Blazing Saddles in my mind. Hedley Lamar. :p
He will be missed. He had definite comedic timing. It reminds me that Tim Conway isn't exactly a spring chicken anymore either. The greats are falling by the wayside lately. At least a few golden era comedians lived into their 90s. We got short changed here. :eusa_doh: :(

Doh!

One Too Many
Noooooooo!

I was a huge fan of his, both from his Carol Burnett days and Blazing Saddles!

This is very sad news.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I enjoyed his work on The Carol Burnett Show and especially the roles he played in the Mel Brooks films. "High Anxiety" was probably my favorite.
RIP Mr. Korman.

WH1

Practically Family
Condolences to his family.

He and Tim Conway were one of the all time great duos, right up there with Laurel&Hardy, Abbott&Costello, and Martin&Lewis. The Carol Burnett Show was our family program every saturday night in the 70's. Many funny moments especially the "Went with the wind" sketch.

Foofoogal

Banned
Pretty soon all the ones left I will not know who they are.
My prayers are with his family and coworkers. Funny man and hilarious show.

Flivver

Practically Family
Korman was, in my opinion, one of the most talented comedians ever. And combining his talents with those of Tim Conway and Carol Burnett made for timeless, side splitting comedy.

I sure wish they'd do season by season DVDs of the Carol Burnett Show.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Harvey and Tim do Speedo Airlines
Sometimes being a straightman requires you to be anything but straitlaced.

20080529200009990024.jpg

1927 - 2008

Thanks for all teh funni, and being part of the last glorious gasp of comedy variety.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
R.I.P. Harvey Korman

BBC News

Comic actor Harvey Korman, who played Hedley Lamarr in Blazing Saddles, has died at the age of 81 in Los Angeles.

Korman, who appeared in a number of other Mel Brooks films, was also known for co-starring in US TV classic The Carol Burnett Show.

He died in Los Angeles on Thursday after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago, his family said.

Brooks said: "A world without Harvey Korman - it's a more serious world."

He added: "It was very dangerous for me to work with him because if our eyes met, we'd crash to floor in comic ecstasy.

"It was comedy heaven to make Harvey Korman laugh."

Korman came to prominence on The Danny Kaye Show - which he joined in 1964 - appearing as a sidekick to the comedian.

He then became part of the cast of the Carol Burnett Show - a comedy sketch programme - in 1967.

But he will be best remembered for his scheming politician in Brook's Western satire Blazing Saddles.

Other films Korman appeared in included Herbie Goes Bananas, Huckleberry Finn and two Pink Panther movies.

He also guest starred in many other TV shows including The Muppet Show, Dr Kildare and ER.

In a 2005 interview, the actor said he was not altogether comfortable with being a TV personality.

"It takes a certain type of person to be a television star," he said.

"I didn't have whatever that is. I come across as kind of snobbish and maybe a little too bright."

Korman is survived by his wife and four children.

Hondo

One Too Many
Harvey Korman and Carol Burnett were hilarious, I’ll remember him in the spoof of Gone with the Wind and original Mama’s Family on Burnett's show.
Throw in Carol Lawrence, and Tim Conway, lots of fond memories.
Got make a list for Carol Burnett's Show on DVD for Xmas.
Harvey always reminded me of shoe salesman, you know the type lol
Saddly missed R.I.P. Harv :(

Tim Conway would set comedic traps for Harvey Korman when they taped the Carrol Burnett Show, he would save something that he did not reveal until the taping just to try to break up Harvey on camera and in front of the audience.lol

Hed-ley!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld