Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Easter Everyone......

Tiller

Practically Family
Goose. said:
Thanks Bolthead and also GWD and Handlebar Bart w/o the handlebar.

Same to you and all the Brothers of the Lid.

Though Jesus is the reason for the season, I'll also relay a Happy Bunny Day wish from an up and coming Akubra Carbon Grey...

510445969_HgkPp-L.jpg

LOL I love that pic Goose.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Macheath said:

Sort of like Chik-Fil-A's "Eat mor chikin" campaign :)

Sort of like watch where you're driving......:eek:

easteriscancelled.jpg

Sorry, Goose. We policed the area thoroughly and couldn't find your Capricorn anywhere. The bunny said something about the kitchen table before he croaked but I'm not sure [huh].

Dundee

A-List Customer
Happy Holy Day

To all who chose to visit this thread, I wish a very blessed Holy Day. We all had to make a choice to visit this thread. We all make choices, let us all choose wisely.

Goose.

Practically Family
Tiller said:
LOL I love that pic Goose.
Macheath said:
Wouldn't this rabbit be endorsing Beaver hair hats specifically?

Sort of like Chik-Fil-A's "Eat mor chikin" campaign :)
Glad you got a chuckle out of it Tiller. Thanks for posting that you did :)

Yeah, Macheath, you're probably right. But no one ever said he was a smart rabbit ;)

CRH said:
Sort of like watch where you're driving......:eek:
Sorry, Goose. We policed the area thoroughly and couldn't find your Capricorn anywhere. The bunny said something about the kitchen table before he croaked but I'm not sure [huh].

That rabbit was fibbing with his croaking breath!?!?! So thanks for checking the road debris for me CRH. Bummer about the Capricorn Easter Basket being MIA. Bet he traded with the farmer that gave him the fresh eggs. Well, at least we know the rabbit wasn't a snitch.
Did you happen to see the Winnie the Pooh book that was in the hat/basket? It belongs to my grandson. :(
What a hoot CRH!!! Thanks for the laughs.

504789497_RdeUk-S.jpg

BTW, I sent that carnage pic to my kids with the text, "why did the chicken cross the road? To kick the butt of the bunny that's been stealing her eggs". :D

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gentlemen

Greater minds than mine have been debating the very same issues you are discussing right now.

I'll sit this one out I am having too much fun in life right now.

In the mean time I am looking for a little Easter bunny lurking about.

PlayboyBunnyHappyEaster.gif

P.S. I know this is juvenile, but, I couldn't resist bring this to the holy war. I just want some jelly beans.

Wconly

Familiar Face
donCarlos said:
Happy Easter!

A friend of mine sent me this picture, some of you may find it inappropriate, I find it hilarious.

2968_70375869294_810024294_1484290_4207119_n.jpg

Well...some body has to guard the Easter Eggs! Seems appropriate to me! To all -- a wonderful, safe and beautiful Easter day! Just like Christmas, remember why we celebrate it! For those who don't -- enjoy anyway and know that we are here for you! W>

MCrider

A-List Customer
On a hat forum?

If all this Happy Easter/ God Bless was filed under the 'what are you wearing today thread' then I'd understand the beef. But as usual certain people object to the religious aspect of the holiday and expects everyone else to cater to their wishes. Like it was stated by others, I don't mean any offense to anyone since I believe that we're all entitled to adhere to what ever principles we believe in. But to come to a thread titled 'Happy Easter Everyone' which says nothing about hats in the title and try to quash others happy day by spreading your non belief is sorta hypocritical don't you think?
By the way I'll be wearing my Akubra fawn Capricorn for the services.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Happy Easter!
I am, like it or not, old enough to remember when:

-Every woman wore an Easter bonnet to church. Some also sported long gloves.
-Every man removed his fur felt fedora (straw, if it was a hot, sticky
Philadelphia Easter Sunday), entering church and accepted a program from the usher, who himself wore a flower in his lapel.
-Complimentary hand fans from a funeral parlor were spread across the pews as no a/c had yet been installed or had even been considered to be purchased.
-At the end of the service, folks shook the minister's hand as they exited and variously climbed into their Nashes, Packards, Kaiser J's, DeSotos, Studebakers, Hudsons and, of course, Fords and Chevrolets all parked across the street.

I wish I still had the brown pork pie my mother made me wear...and my father's maroon Studebaker coupe.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Hühner: Wehrt Euch! Östern ist da!

donCarlos said:
Happy Easter!

A friend of mine sent me this picture, some of you may find it inappropriate, I find it hilarious.

2968_70375869294_810024294_1484290_4207119_n.jpg

Oh, who could be bothered to worry about whether armed chicks are inappropriate when there are much more inflammatory things to argue about? ;) :rolleyes: :eusa_clap [huh] :mad: :rage: lol: :eek: :(

Great postcard, dC! What's the postmark on it....is this Easter, 1915 by any chance?

A joyous and blessed Easter to my fellow-Christians, and my heartiest good wishes to the rest of you!

"Skeet"

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Moved from HATS

I reviewed the comments here, and agree that the topic went far outside of the HATS thread, so here it is in the OB.

I respect the comments posted, however I cannot agree in the idea that just because one is not of a particular faith, or any faith, or has an opposing belief, that "it should not be discussed".

I think the contrary: ALL should be discussed, information shared, and opposing ideas are to be tolerated, not banned.

Remember, also, some members of The Fedora Lounge only participate in a few areas, like Hats, or SUITS. They don't go to forums that are not their particular interest. That said, it is unreasonable to expect ONLY hats, or strictly hat topics to be brought up here in the HATS section. The FEDORA LOUNGE is supposed to be a "bar" type of concept where you can sit anywhere you want with friends and discuss your interests. If the table discussion drifts "off topic", especially on holidays, it is ok to say "Happy Saint Patricks Day". I don't expect someone to stand up and shout down the Irish, nor do I expect someone to say we shouldn't be discussing Christmas because they don't believe in it. Tolerance.

Anyway, Happy Easter.

lagunie

New in Town
Don't Rain On Everyone's Parade

Right on MCrider. It's a separate post so what's the beef? The heading was 'Happy Easter everyone' - Nothing about hats or suits.

Goose.

Practically Family
MCrider said:
If all this Happy Easter/ God Bless was filed under the 'what are you wearing today thread' then I'd understand the beef. But as usual certain people object to the religious aspect of the holiday and expects everyone else to cater to their wishes. Like it was stated by others, I don't mean any offense to anyone since I believe that we're all entitled to adhere to what ever principles we believe in. But to come to a thread titled 'Happy Easter Everyone' which says nothing about hats in the title and try to quash others happy day by spreading your non belief is sorta hypocritical don't you think?
By the way I'll be wearing my Akubra fawn Capricorn for the services.
That's right MCrider...as I stated earlier "Yep. If ya came here after seeing the thread title, and you don't like the program...change the channel".

But nope, they moved the thread instead.

Anyway, an Akubra fawn Capricorn??? :eek: Hmmm...where did you happen to get that??? ;) :D :D

Andykev said:
...Remember, also, some members of The Fedora Lounge only participate in a few areas, like Hats, or SUITS. They don't go to forums that are not their particular interest. That said, it is unreasonable to expect ONLY hats, or strictly hat topics to be brought up here in the HATS section. The FEDORA LOUNGE is supposed to be a "bar" type of concept where you can sit anywhere you want with friends and discuss your interests. If the table discussion drifts "off topic", especially on holidays, it is ok to say "Happy Saint Patricks Day". I don't expect someone to stand up and shout down the Irish, nor do I expect someone to say we shouldn't be discussing Christmas because they don't believe in it. Tolerance.

Anyway, Happy Easter.

You have a tough job being bartender listening to whiney drunks. But the tips are good.

And you are so correct, some people don't even click on threads within the Hats gig. If you aren't an Akubra, Borsalino, Stetson, or whatever fan...some people see the thread title and never go in. But now, not being in the Hat area...how will I ever find my Capricorn with such a limited audience out searching???? ;) See, it evolved to be hat related. I'm just messing with ya...had to do what you had to do.

Thanks for the post explaining the move to PC Land...respected but not agreed. But, there's only one rule, The Bartender is always right ;)

Great analogy with St. Patrick's Day.

And, thank you for the Easter wish...the same and more to you.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
I'll chime in with a Happy Easter myself, and am quite thankful that a few online friends can wish each other well on a traditional holiday. We don't have to all share the same beliefs, but that certainly does not mean that all of our differences should never be expressed. When some do not agree with the beliefs of others, that is certainly their right, but that does not mean the thread should be shut down to avoid hurting someone's delicate feelings. I agree with Goose, if you read the title and still jump on in, don't complain about the topic.

For myself. It's been a wonderful Easter. Even though I had a surprise this morning when I got up and had to go to work to fix a server that died last night, I still got to church by 8:10 AM for the first service, taught a class, sang in the choir in the second service and had the privilege of seeing eleven more people experience the true meaning of Easter.

I'm very grateful to the FL for allowing us to overcome a PC attitude that has become all to prevalent and enjoy a traditional holiday.

Enjoy your Easter eggs too! :)

Edited to add: Wore my Burnt Oak Fedora!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe