Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
2-2.jpg

I thought I had a pic of the whole outfit. I made the pants and bolero.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Men's Hallowe'en Costumes for next month

I keep seeing a thread in the Powder Room titled as this, but because it's in the wrong room I can't look or post there but I wonder what men do (those who dress up).

I like Hallowe'en as it's a chance where you can dress as ridiculously as you want without looking too strange. Last year I wore a black suit with black tie (I know I started a thread about why I don't like this but this was an exception) with a black wool cape with red lining and a fedora. Any other day of the year I wouldn't dare wear the cape but stick to my trench coat which though obvious isn't as bad as the cape but Hallowe'en is the one day in the year my cape can come out.

So what do other people wear or is it more a thing for the younger youth generation? Of course ladies who want to show their costumes to the whole lounge can post here too.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
In 2004, I wore a cute swing dance outfit and Democrat and Republican pins. I was a swing voter.

In 2003, I dressed up as Carmen Miranda.

In 2002, I dressed up as Marge Simpson.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I think we have an obvious cutural difference here between the UK and the USA: over here Hallowe'en costumes are almost always directly horror film related whereas I'm guessing on the other side of the Atlantic you have all sorts of costumes.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Worn to our favorite Ballroom dancing place for their Halloween Dance night. Last year, I wore a chocolate brown lace bustier (with straps, not strapless like a overbust corset), and made a fuschia pink satin fabric with netting and ribbons can-can type skirt with the front of the sides shirred up. I had on pink nude tights under fishnets, and long pink gloves. I added satin ribbons on the shoulders of the bustier. Brown vintage inspired tie shoes. My hair was pinned up. My inspiration was Marge Champion's outfit for the number "Life Upon the Wicked Stage" from the film Showboat. I was a vintage-style dancing showgirl!

I was a costume winner! So was our son!

Our son was dressed as Wesley, aka Dread Pirate Roberts-the man in black (with a makeup moustache added) from The Princess Bride

Hubby Chuck was an old time Railroad Engineer, and our daughter was a Leopard/kitty cat with a black turtleneck dance leotard, leopard headband ears, a pinned on tail and leopard print leggings.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
billyspew said:
Zombie pirate?
That definitely has the horror film connotation. Being a fan of black (though I am not a goth who wears nothing but black as I wear grey, blue and beige just as often) I like wearing very dark costumes, hence my cape and if I can find one before next month, top hat or homburg.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I shared this on the other thread, but seeing as there's a man involved, I'll repost here. You could go as a mad surgeon wielding corkscrew and pizza cutter.
2974403425_eb65a93c4e.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
Same thing as every year: see av--only difference from everyday is the stars come out of their case and go onto my collar.
You mean my choice of black suit, black cloak and fedora or my avatar's choice of great coat, fedora and Walther?

avedwards said:
You mean my choice of black suit, black cloak and fedora or my avatar's choice of great coat, fedora and Walther?
No, just saying that what I described (meant "see my av") is what I do. Part of how I acknowledge that even though I've been working on cramming a functional reconstruction of MacArthur's mind into my skull, that I am still not him--given that Halloween is the one day a year it's customary to present yourself as something you're not, my "Old Mac" reenactment is thus fair game even around town. (Any other time, it's confined to conventions and reenactments, and the stars go on only after I arrive and come off before I leave.)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Red Flapper

This is what i wore last year, this is not vintage or anything this is just a simple costume, just for fun. If i go somewhere this year i might wear the same.

m_IMG_3393.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82