Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Question

FemmeFatale

New in Town
Hi everyone. I'm loving this forum so far - long time reader, first time poster kind of thing :D

Just a question that I was hoping all you lovely ladies would be able to answer for me - does anyone know how to get my hair to look like this:

bacall.jpg

It's quite densely curled at the front as you can see, and then just in looser waves towards the back. It's also very volume-y at the tips.

My own hair is like shoulder-blade-length, but I would get it cut into this style if I knew how to achieve it. Thanks in advance. :)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I used to get waves like that by using big sections of hair & those bendable rollers. It is the stick rollers, but not the pencil-thin ones. I'd use TP to make end papers & it never frizzed.

FemmeFatale

New in Town
Thanks so much for the reply. I'll certainly try that.

However, I have no idea what end papers are. As you can see, I'm a total novice. Any explanation would help. :D

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
They're just little pieces of paper you put over the tips of each section to keep it neat. Like Miss B says, you can use loo roll, or perhaps even giant rolling papers! You can get actual end papers in beauty supply places.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
To use end papers you just comb your hair & lay it across the paper & then fold the sides up & then roll. Using the TP also helps with roller line marks, because you can unroll a piece as long as your hair.

To get the Lauren look, I'd just pull a large section up on top of my head & roll it, then do the sides. You are supposed to be able to get waves from big curlers, but if I use big curlers I don't get any curl or wave, so I use the bendable rods & large sections of hair. I also set my hair after it was dry, because it never dried otherwise.

You might also try just rolling the ends of your hair, up to your ears on the sides & back & then all the way up in front, but my hair just gets big & bowl-y when I do that.

If all else fails, you could use a jumbo curling iron & wrap your hair around the outside, rather than holding it under the bar. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe