Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Had a brush with Hollywood?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
When I first moved to LA, I signed up at Central Casting- the place to go for Extras. I have no desire to be an actress, but it seemed like something fun to do. I got to be an extra on Without A Trace, It's All Relative and Judging Amy. Long hours, crappy pay... but I always used it as an opportunity to learn about the film & tv making process and see how the union artists work. I did make some good contacts, though.

Of course, one of the things I miss about LA is seeing things filmed at any given time, anywhere. They are always filming on location Downtown especially on weekends, and in the streets of Hollywood.

Slate Shannon

One of the Regulars
There have been parts of a few movies shot around the small town that I live in, one with Drew Barrymore, one recently with Willem Dafoe, and a few others that I don't recall just off hand. Right now, there is a Brad Pitt movie shooting in the area and Angelina Jolie has been seen in town, but alas, I have not seen her.

up196

A-List Customer
This week

I'm scheduled to work for two days this week on a made-for-TV movie about the founder of Chess Records. I'll be driving my 1931 Ford Sedan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe