Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A warm welcome to you Mr Range! While we value your input as an important part of the business of selling hats, I hope you get to have a bit of fun with us here as well. No doubt you'll be inundated with questions and comments about your products, it'd be nice if you got to hang out with us here a bit too.

RBH

Bartender
Benny Holiday said:
A warm welcome to you Mr Range! While we value your input as an important part of the business of selling hats, I hope you get to have a bit of fun with us here as well. No doubt you'll be inundated with questions and comments about your products, it'd be nice if you got to hang out with us here a bit too.
Very well said Benny!
Sometimes we forget our manners. :eek:

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge, Mr. Range, and I'll echo the sentiment that it's great to have someone from Hatco willing to investigate the dress hat market and possibly work toward meeting our lofty expectations! Your presence here hopefully will be educational for all parties involved.

...and of course I'll echo Benny's sentiments.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Range, You now have 12 posts. If you will make 8 more (Quickly, I hope.), you can then attach photos. We would love to see any new offerings from HATCO. May I suggest you begin with the Stetson Dexter (AKA Knox Dr.Knox). This looks like the most exciting item in your current fedora lineup. (If you really want to stir up some excitement, have a contest for registered members of The Fedora Lounge, with that hat as the prize. Just require the winner to agree to open a thread, reviewing the hat initially and after 30 days.) We're all waiting for news with pictures. Thanks again, for coming on board.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Let me urge that we all give Mr. Range some breathing room. I'm sure his time is quite limited, and we want to make best use of that time by not making specific requests regarding our own personal tastes. We're all perhaps better served if we allow Mr. Range to speak about HATCO's operations as he sees fit, in general terms, and delve into specifics as he is able, while we offer such guidance as we can (and as is welcome) to augment what he has doubtless already gathered through a year's worth of quiet reading here.

I have no doubt that specific product developments are probably trade secrets as HATCO must compete in the market.

All of us have much to learn and share, yes?

HATCO

Vendor
Thank You to everyone for making me feel welcome. I will do my best to answer everyones questions. Feltfan, I am still working on your answer!

DOUGLAS

With out putting any undo stress on you Mr. Range, are you able to roughly date a hat if it shown to you inside and out? I have many Stetsons that are intact but I have no way of dating them or knowing their style names. Perhaps there are a few old timers that remember when they were made.

I thank you in advance.

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
HATCO said:
Besdor and Aaron Hats,

Thanks for the messages. As far as advertising goes we have started working closely with a PR firm to get Stetson Hats placed in magazines and with celebrities. Hopefully you will see more soon.

I am open to doing posters. I would love to hear your opinions on what a successful poster would include.

Probably wouldn't hurt to get a banner going right here on the lounge! A great many folks end up here after just searching google for a fedora hat!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
thefedorastore said:
Probably wouldn't hurt to get a banner going right here on the lounge! A great many folks end up here after just searching google for a fedora hat!

That what brought me here! And I'm very glad it did, too! :eusa_clap

Tom

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Doube-Triple-Quadruple Welcome Hatco.

I have a closet full of your hats (some in the basement also). I look forward to the 2008 Stratoliner!!! Could it be possible?? Or only a dream.

HATCO

Vendor
DOUGLAS said:
With out putting any undo stress on you Mr. Range, are you able to roughly date a hat if it shown to you inside and out? I have many Stetsons that are intact but I have no way of dating them or knowing their style names. Perhaps there are a few old timers that remember when they were made.

I thank you in advance.

I'm afraid I might disappoint you. We are inundated with requests each day. Give me one or two and I'll see what I can do. I hope this doesn't open the floodgates. If it's pre 50's I don't know how much luck I'll have.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Hatco - I am curious about felt, and maybe you can get an answer for this without having to get specific about your felt-

Is there a preferred single fur for hatmaking (ignoring cost as an issue), or is there an advantage from blending furs (different fur brings different attributes to the table)?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I'm not the expert on this but Hare is the most economical choice today for making a hat. These are the large wild rabbits ,not the smaller farmed ones. Most compaies will use a mixture of the two as the Hare is stronger and the farmed rabbit less expensive.
Other furs used are of course Beaver, Nutria , Mink and Otter . But these are getting costly to use.

Steven

DOUGLAS

DSCN3626.jpg

349653C43A57Ffp3473Enu3D32733E93-1.jpg

349653C43A57Ffp3533Enu3D32733E9363E.jpg

of50332443-17.jpg

or this one
DSCN4066.jpg

DSCN4047.jpg

DSCN4051.jpg

DSCN4062.jpg

DSCN4061.jpg

DSCN4060.jpg

Mr. Range, any information on these two hats would be greatly appreciated.
Both hats have a similar style,including the ribbon and bow. neither has a liner and I don't believe they ever did. They both have real reeding as part of the sweat band even though the sweats are different. Any info is helpful.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe