Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear (test, size 44) B-3 jacket for sale...

John has this lovely No-Name B-3 jacket for sale. It's got a lighter sheerling that isn't going to be the norm going forward, but if you like it, it's a great deal!
http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sale_b3_0002.html
front_view_flat.jpg

green papaya

One Too Many
it makes me hot just looking at it, this type of coat wouldnt be very useful in California climate, I dont even own a winter coat, I just wear layers to keep warm

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
True, but I swear if you owned it, you'd still be wearing it up here at the moment.:D

In Scotland one can actually wear jackets for much of the year. Here in the Sun Belt, one can only day dream about the up and coming fall season in 6-7 months or wear a new jacket inside an air conditioned home. :D

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is one of the best repro B-3s that I have seen and the price is very fair. It will be interesting to see if several other makers who are revered on the FL raise their game now.

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
I remember June in Stirling - it was 12C and raining.
Our winter here was short and warm, we only got down to 19C a few times, now we're getting into 34C and it will be getting warmer. This puts the stop on most of my jackets and suit wearing. In Hanoi, I could wear that sort of stuff for 4 months of the year, but not in the tropical zones of this country. An A2 is usable here, but a B3? No-fricken-way.

It's a tough choice, do I like going to the beach in February, or do I like to wear my leather jackets? I can't seem to get both. poor me ;)

True, but I swear if you owned it, you'd still be wearing it up here at the moment.:D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Four years at Stirling Uni would tell me that 12C is about right:D The rain would have to be blown at 90 degrees to the ground for it to be completely accurate...
Andrew, what are the most common inaccuracies on B3 repros?

aswatland

Four years at Stirling Uni would tell me that 12C is about right:D The rain would have to be blown at 90 degrees to the ground for it to be completely accurate...
Andrew, what are the most common inaccuracies on B3 repros?

The most common inaccuracies are the finish and thickness of the fleece, the buckles, zips and sometimes the cut.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
The most common inaccuracies are the finish and thickness of the fleece, the buckles, zips and sometimes the cut.
Having an Eastman 'Redskin' B3 I am quite satisfied with most of those except the outer finish, this is the thing across the whole range of sheepskin repro's.
Don't know if this one will fare any better, only time will tell.

Last edited:

Asienizen

One of the Regulars

Andrew,
How would you rank the accuracy of B3 jackets by the various companies: excellent, good, OK, lousy - of the following companies:US Wings, Gibson Barnes, Aero, USauthentic, Real Mcoys, ELC,
Cirrus, Lost Worlds? I don't know if you have actually tried all of them, I was just wondering if you could give an opinion about the goods, the bads, in your experience.
thanks

aswatland

Andrew,
How would you rank the accuracy of B3 jackets by the various companies: excellent, good, OK, lousy - of the following companies:US Wings, Gibson Barnes, Aero, USauthentic, Real Mcoys, ELC,
Cirrus, Lost Worlds? I don't know if you have actually tried all of them, I was just wondering if you could give an opinion about the goods, the bads, in your experience.
thanks

I would rate RMNZ B-3s as the most authentic, followed by ELC and the others are some way behind in terms of accuracy compared with originals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82