Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glock in Jacket Pistol Pocket (?)

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
The CCW man looks like a bit of an idiot every day except one. That said, I respect my Low T friends and their choice to place personal safety in the hands of others. I might even prefer a different approach myself but cops are too heavy to carry.

I didn't realize anyone could carry in Alameda County! :D

SF is one of the most beautiful places on earth. But some blocks are like Hamsterdam from The Wire. Worse even with the doped up gents in women’s ballet attire doing jumping jacks on top of parked cars. Another guy reaching into his ass and throwing feces at a storefront. True story. It was insane and legitimately embarrassing.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SF is one of the most beautiful places on earth. But some blocks are like Hamsterdam from The Wire. Worse even with the doped up gents in women’s ballet attire doing jumping jacks on top of parked cars. Another guy reaching into his ass and throwing feces at a storefront. True story. It was insane and legitimately embarrassing.

Oh I know the crime well. I meant I'm shocked he was issued his CCW given it's the Bay.

Leather_nube

One of the Regulars
The CCW man looks like a bit of an idiot every day except one. That said, I respect my Low T friends and their choice to place personal safety in the hands of others. I might even prefer a different approach myself but cops are too heavy to carry.

Different worlds. The cops in my country don’t even carry guns, they don’t need to.

Punch in the face, bottle of beer over the head, rarely someone pulls a knife. That’s the kind of thing you might have to contend with in Ireland.

Rains a lot though.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I didn't realize anyone could carry in Alameda County! :D
It was after the Supreme Court handed down the Bruen decision in 2022 that all California counties were required to issue CCW permits provided the applicant was proven to have good moral character. There are now thousands of CCW permits in Alameda County alone.

jeepTj98

New in Town
I normally carry a G43 or G48 w/ an IWB kydex holster. I have a new Vanson coming and am wondering if any of you have used a pistol pocket for its intended application and have a comment on their efficacy. Specifically, a Glock w/out a holster is a pistol w/out much of a safety and I'd like to know how you carry one safely in that pocket.

Similarly, does the jacket sag when you put that much weight in the pocket?
I have a fox creek leather vest with a pistol pocket. It also has a strap on the inside the pocket to prevent any movement and yet easily enough to pull out if need be. No sagging because the jacket is made with extra leather support. I would highly recommend checking out fox creek leather. Made in USA and the leather is beautiful thick full grain cowhide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust