Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
MissHannah said:
Damn I wish someone made those bras in smaller sizes - you'd think they'd be popular with smaller busted ladies being non-wired. Modern bras are too rounded and I'm not always up for the full take-an-eye-out-with-those-babies look! It's be really great to find something in between the two extremes like that.

Hear, hear. I'm not amply endowed, to say the least, and the best bra I have ever owned is a 1960s era lightly-padded Playtex cross-your-heart. Has just the right stretch, just the right fit, and just the right shape. It's *similar* to the CYH models available today, and similar to the Doreen shown above, but there's something about the modern fabric that just isn't as comfortable. Anyone who could put out a bra like that today in an A cup would have my business for life.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Hanes makes a really nice wireless padded bra (in a range of sizes) that gives the same shape as the Doreen bra pictured. I bought one about 2 weeks ago at Wal-Mart for $9+ change, and it is the most comfortable bra that I own. I can't stop marvelling at how nice it feels on (it doesn't even feel like I am wearing a bra) and what a difference no underwire makes in comfort. My underwire bras always ride up on me and this one stays nicely in place and the straps don't fall down either (another problem I have with most bras). After a lifetime of uncomfortable bras, I'm so happy to find one that actually fits me. The little adjuster buckles on the straps are also in the front, which is very convenient for adjusting your bra while it is on instead of having to take it off to adjust it. It gives the lift and seperate 40s silhouette, instead of the squashed and rounded underwire look. I love this bra, I need to find more in my size in the other colors (Wal-Mart only had white in my size - 38C).

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I need HELP...

I know there has got to be a thread on here about stocking sizes but I can't seem to locate it. I would like to get a few pair but I am unsure about the sizing, do you go by height or by weight? Please help me [huh]

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up

Smuterella

One Too Many
oh joy, my triumph Doreen arrived today and it fits like it was made for me.

I'm thrilled.

and I'm fairly sure you could stick a bullet bra pad in for a more exaggerated effect if needed

MissHannah

One Too Many
BeBopBaby said:
Hanes makes a really nice wireless padded bra (in a range of sizes) that gives the same shape as the Doreen bra pictured. I bought one about 2 weeks ago at Wal-Mart for $9+ change, and it is the most comfortable bra that I own. I can't stop marvelling at how nice it feels on (it doesn't even feel like I am wearing a bra) and what a difference no underwire makes in comfort. My underwire bras always ride up on me and this one stays nicely in place and the straps don't fall down either (another problem I have with most bras). After a lifetime of uncomfortable bras, I'm so happy to find one that actually fits me. The little adjuster buckles on the straps are also in the front, which is very convenient for adjusting your bra while it is on instead of having to take it off to adjust it. It gives the lift and seperate 40s silhouette, instead of the squashed and rounded underwire look. I love this bra, I need to find more in my size in the other colors (Wal-Mart only had white in my size - 38C).

I don't suppose you know what size range they do? I'm a 30D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
Has anyone tried the Hourglass corselette from Charnos? If so how is the sizing? I really like that the fabric is smooth and not lace.

It looks a lot like a lot of shapers that are on the market. Most of these offer light smoothing but only offer light control and therefore kindof lack in the shaping area.

Let us know if you try it. I really don't like my Rago corselette much.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
It looks a lot like a lot of shapers that are on the market. Most of these offer light smoothing but only offer light control and therefore kindof lack in the shaping area.

Let us know if you try it. I really don't like my Rago corselette much.

I tried the Rago corselette in the lacy fabric and if felt okay for some light shaping, but not great support for the bust.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Darhling said:
I tried the Rago corselette in the lacy fabric and if felt okay for some light shaping, but not great support for the bust.

Oh, see I think the Rago gives great, firm support and shaping. The cups are just not cut right.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I tried the 34 with a C cup and it just wasn't tight on me and I am not that small.

Maybe you need a smaller "band" size say a 32 with a larger cup size? I've never found anything like that to fit me, and I'd love to have one!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
Maybe you need a smaller "band" size say a 32 with a larger cup size? I've never found anything like that to fit me, and I'd love to have one!

I thought that 34 was the smallest width in the Rago though, that's why i didn't try it smaller, but the Charnos I just bought from figleaves is in 32 width.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I recently purchased Rago 6109 and I love it. Very comfortable, no binding at the legs, strong enough to knock a couple inches of my measurements. Also, the stock photo shows this model as not having garters but mine do, which is an added plus.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Darhling said:
I just orderd it in black in 34D (a buyer said they are bigger in cups and I am normally a 34DD in Freya) from Figleaves, they have 5% off and cheaper shipping outside the UK.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=CH-HG017#

Just a note: if you enter the code eve15pc you'll get 15% off. I'm not sure if it's applicable to overseas orders but it may be worth a try should you need to order anything else!

Goldfish

A-List Customer
do you lovely ladies know if there are any shaping panties I can order online that are not string - cut and not full bum coverage either?

(and excuse the bad english, I hope you get what I mean)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
Just a note: if you enter the code eve15pc you'll get 15% off. I'm not sure if it's applicable to overseas orders but it may be worth a try should you need to order anything else!

Argh, I had already ordered it when I saw this!!

Goldfish said:
do you lovely ladies know if there are any shaping panties I can order online that are not string - cut and not full bum coverage either?

There are many different kinds from figleaves http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiser.asp?term=Control+Standard+Brief&lhn=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe