Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, you can contact them. However, the one time I contacted them, it took them about 3 weeks to get back to me... and on my own I found other stores that carried their items that they hadn't mentioned to me. Just sayin'...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Etienne said:
Ladies, I REALLY could use some direction here! Here's what I'm looking for:

An "all-in-one", long-leg foundation for a full-figure woman, with underwire in the bra section, garters, in a size 36 DD. I can't seem to find this anywhere. I wrote down an exhaustive list of references I've seen you all mention and still couldn't locate one. Any ideas?? My second choice would be the same garment but with an OB girdle, not a long-leg....Thanks so much!

www.secretsinlace.com ;)

They have an entire 'curvy wwoman' section, some of which I so want to pick up. They do have a few all in ones so check them out.

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just a note: the shapewear listed at Secrets in Lace is all Rago, and is available elsewhere at cheaper prices.

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
what do you ladies think about the open bottom Corselette? Is it comfortable and can you move in it? I've been wanting to get one for a little while.

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
positivelypinup said:
what do you ladies think about the open bottom Corselette? Is it comfortable and can you move in it? I've been wanting to get one for a little while.

My experience with a Katie Did Open Bottom: I'm 5'5" with a full (a.k.a. plump) hourglass figure so mine fit wonderfully through the bust and hips but was too long in the torso and over the thighs which made it try to ride up while walking. I found myself fiddling with it a lot because I was aware of it all of the time. I don't wear them often, so my advice might not be very useful, but if you can get an under bust to hem measurement before you order one, do.

On the other hand, I feel sexy as hell wearing it ;)

BonnieJean

Practically Family
texasgirl said:
You can contact them and they will email you the stores in your area- although the store they sent me is in South Dallas, not a very good area to go to alone!

http://www.ragoshapewear.com/html/retailstore.shtml

Also, be aware that although there may be stores in your area that carry Rago products, sometimes they only carry one or two styles and not all the lines. I found this out myself when I was recommended a certain department store. They didn't carry the item I was looking for, although the sales clerk offered to order it for me. Duh, I could of done that myself. :eusa_doh:
I'm not very patient either, but I have found ordering my Rago products online and making sure the company selling them has a very good return policy has worked out well.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Thora Zine said:
My experience with a Katie Did Open Bottom: I'm 5'5" with a full (a.k.a. plump) hourglass figure so mine fit wonderfully through the bust and hips but was too long in the torso and over the thighs which made it try to ride up while walking. I found myself fiddling with it a lot because I was aware of it all of the time. I don't wear them often, so my advice might not be very useful, but if you can get an under bust to hem measurement before you order one, do.

the corselettes sold by Katie Did are Rago. I also have the Rago corselette - I'm 5'3" and on me, it fits great through the waist, but doesn't come as far down over the hips as I'd like. If I pull it down to the length I want, the cups on it sit way too low. I do like wearing it and love the shape it gives me, but in order for it to fit well in the cups, I have to use bullet bra falsies. The cups just aren't cut full at the top.

Be aware that you will need to wear FF stockings in order for it to stay in place. With no stockings or stretch stockings, it will start to ride up, like any open bottomed girdle.

Shearer

Practically Family
KittyT said:
the corselettes sold by Katie Did are Rago. I also have the Rago corselette - I'm 5'3" and on me, it fits great through the waist, but doesn't come as far down over the hips as I'd like. If I pull it down to the length I want, the cups on it sit way too low. I do like wearing it and love the shape it gives me, but in order for it to fit well in the cups, I have to use bullet bra falsies. The cups just aren't cut full at the top.

Be aware that you will need to wear FF stockings in order for it to stay in place. With no stockings or stretch stockings, it will start to ride up, like any open bottomed girdle.

Yeah, ya know the cups on the Ragos always seemed wonky to me, too. I'm not sure what that's about. It seems to like... smoosh the top of my boobs or something :eusa_doh:

Oh, noes! Not the quadro-boob :eek: lol

Etienne

A-List Customer
Waaah..:rage: Ladies, I've checked Secrets in Lace again AND Girdlebound again and no luck. I HAVE TO have underwire. Anyone else have any ideas?? Even something from another country?? To restate my quest: I need a 36 DD, long-leg, all-in-one with underwire and garters. I would prefer a front zip closure, for full-figure. I have a long torso, am 5'8" and wear a size 10 clothing. PLEASE, PLEASE let me know if you have any other thoughts...even custom made...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Again, you may be in the habit of wearing underwires currently, but I would try a Rago foundation without them before assuming that you HAVE to have underwires and blowing the money on a custom foundation garment. You might be surprised.

Etienne

A-List Customer
I hear what you're saying, Kitty T., but I guess I'm going from experience...When I went to Secrets In Lace and looked at the section for Curvy Women, I noticed that the model (who is lots larger than I am up top and all around) looked more supported in the one shaper that had the underwires (and then some!) in the bra top. At least, it's more the way I would like the garment to look. I related immediately to that! But since I had a reduction years ago, my chest is not as "heavy" as it was, and maybe I still think of it as such. As long as I could return an item if it didn't fit, I might give it a go...I guess I'm thinking that I don't have really high hopes...but perhaps I'll take a leap of faith! Thanks for your input, and to all you have made suggestions!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Etienne said:
I hear what you're saying, Kitty T., but I guess I'm going from experience...When I went to Secrets In Lace and looked at the section for Curvy Women, I noticed that the model (who is lots larger than I am up top and all around) looked more supported in the one shaper that had the underwires (and then some!) in the bra top.

Just curious, which item number are you looking at with the underwires in it? The only full body shapers I'm seeing on their site are the Rago ones without underwires.

Etienne

A-List Customer
Okay, so I just checked and now I don't know WHERE I saw the picture I am referring to...I think I'm losing my %&%$# mind!!! I will search for it again and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe