Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
O. F. Hess, was as of 1913 also a "Hoflieferant" (purveyor) to the court of the Habsburg empire.
The owner was a certain Karl Missik (Karel Misik in Czech spelling) by then. The house number in the Zizka-street was 11.

books

books

From the snippets visible from Google books, it seems that in 1914 Mis(s)ik was involved in some judicial matter regarding the use of the "Hoflieferant" title.

Last edited:
I took a closer look at the photos and they are a mix of hat brands (mostly O.F. Hess). Some are from right after WWII. I will know more when they arrive.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
You found the holy grail of Hats, Steve. I am very happy that the hats come in your hands my friend! I am very intrested to see the Details of each one! Congratulation!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

krasher

New in Town
Greif Haarhut

Found some new hats at different fleamarkets recently - here are some photos:
If anyone has any info on the manufacturers and age (my guess is 50s), feel free to add.

I'll start with this very nice charcoal/dark grey Greif Haarhut

greif1.jpg greif2.jpg greif3.jpg greif8.jpg greif7.jpg greif6.jpg greif5.jpg greif4.jpg

krasher

New in Town
Novitas Hat

Next is this Novitas fedora: It was in good condition but missing the ribbon and bow, which I replaced a few days ago using the ribbon bought from Nikolai and some tutorials from this forum.

novitas4.jpg novitas3.jpg novitas2.jpg novitas1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82