Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

George Hurrell 40s style photography

Atomic Age

Practically Family
These aren't very Hurrell, but I thought you guys would like them.

5385577266_25e653dd56_z.jpg
[/url]

5385566366_9b3b443c96_z.jpg
[/url]

5384965791_6b273773dc_z.jpg
[/url]

5385570740_84a951bb1a_z.jpg
[/url]

5385585322_38d1c23bfb_z.jpg
[/url]

5384981013_27e71f7efe_z.jpg
[/url]

5385574646_30f5a3b823_z.jpg
[/url]

Doug

cco23i

A-List Customer
The only thing better is seeing them in person! I can get you a list of WW2 aircraft displays we and vehicles will be at.

Scott

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Pinup and the Poltergeist is fantastic. it reminds me of the original version of 13 Ghosts except with a much, much better looking ghost.

I don't know how I missed this before. It's REALLY well done. Yeah, there are a few little things like the smoke detector, night light, the healthy-looking narcissus in the spider-webbed living room, lights are on but she uses the flashlight - but I watch for continuity and that sort of thing in every movie I watch (it goes back to film analysis classes in college that wrecked me for watching a movie just for the enjoyment for the longest time - not EVERYTHING is symbolism, etc.). And on a $40 budget no less - OUTSTANDING JOB!

Atomic Age

Practically Family
No that is the actress's house. Its an early 1950's ranch, that still has the original stove and many other of the features that came with the house originally.

The car was a 1950 Cadillac Eldorado, of course! :)

Doug

Atomic Age

Practically Family
when you say vintage library music, what exactly does that mean? music they played in the library? if so, where may we find the bands or reference as to who was playing?
Thanks.

Production library music was, and is, music that recorded with the specific purpose of being licensed out for use in movies and tv shows. Each track has generic names like "Sad 1, Sad 2" or "Excitement 1"and the like. A library of music. They can be things like say a Glen Miller "In The Mood" sound a like, to original tracks of background mood music. The tracks I used, with the exception of "Snow Fall" which came from an Ultra Lounge album, are from a set of records I bought in the 80s. They were produced in the late 50's or early 60s by a lable called needle drop. The actual recordings ranged from the early 1940s through the early 1950's My understanding is that the tracks are all now public domain.

I know the people who made The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera used music from a library called Valentino, which also has vintage music, still operates to this day.

Doug

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe