Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen prefer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Not just blondes ;) a question for the single gents here, what is it about a woman that draws you to her? is it stockings with garters or corsets and waist cinchers, the sultry look of innocence? or perhaps not so innocent ;) Does intelligence stand a chance anymore or values and morals?

is it all looks that propel you to jump in and risk getting a 'no thanks' answer to a date?. What matter most to you? and i'm not just asking with regards to marriage or courtship... I have spent the past few weeks listening to my 80 yo father tell me about what kind of girl he was especially drawn to, back in the day and leading up to his wife of 52 yrs.

:)

Edward

Bartender
The vintage look helps a lot with me. And looks will buy a lady the first five minutes. After that, well.... I've seen some incredibly hot women become suddenly incredibly plain, or even downright attractive, once they reveal an unpleasant personality or downright ignorance.

For me personally, there are few greater turn ons than sheer, raw intelligence. That and a personality I could take to and stick with over time. All else is fluff and icing.

Chainsaw

Suspended
Myself I'm looking for a woman that actually wants to make a home and a family.

As far as looks go, I like a woman in a nice skirt and heels, Stockings and garters sound nice too. But, tasteful though.

A real turn off is a woman that "wants her freedom".

davestlouis

Practically Family
I'm well into my 40s, and nearly every girl/woman I've been involved with had the following:
1. red or auburn hair
2. freckles
3. green or hazel eyes

The freckles are the absolute deal-breaker, no freckles, I won't give her a second look. A dash of freckles across the bridge of her nose, and the tops of her shoulders is OK, but a sprinkling of them all over is better.

I hope that I'm not being shallow, that's just my preference.

Edward

Bartender
Chainsaw said:
A real turn off is a woman that "wants her freedom".

Horses for courses, I guess. I don't like clingy. Independence is good.

Nor wanting children is important for me - I don't want kids, so it'd be silly for me to get involved with someone who did. Some things cannot be compromised.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Edward said:
For me personally, there are few greater turn ons than sheer, raw intelligence. That and a personality I could take to and stick with over time. All else is fluff and icing.

the world needs more men like you

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Edward said:
The vintage look helps a lot with me. And looks will buy a lady the first five minutes. After that, well.... I've seen some incredibly hot women become suddenly incredibly plain, or even downright attractive, once they reveal an unpleasant personality or downright ignorance.

Aww that reminds me of what my boyfriend says to me all the time. He says my looks may have drawn him in but it's what comes out of my mouth (aka I have at least a certain amount of intelligence) that keeps him around

Derek WC

Banned
I define good looking as a nice face, red lipstick, not too heavy, seamed stockings, and just the look most women have on here. But the brains and values matter most, if I want to get to know them. (Hope that didn't sound too shallow :eek: )

But I don't want to know if there are garters attached to those stockings until I'm married to the girl.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
@Paisly, Too true. I once assumed that my ex meant freedom to go literally where she wanted, I later learned she meant freedom to go WITH whoever she wanted.
And I too am of the belief that intelligence and personality are the most important things to me. What good are looks if the woman is an ogre inside?

HepKitty

One Too Many
Grant Fan said:
Aww that reminds me of what my boyfriend says to me all the time. He says my looks may have drawn him in but it's what comes out of my mouth (aka I have at least a certain amount of intelligence) that keeps him around

you are a lucky lady indeed!

scotrace said:

I could kiss you for this

While looks will get my attention (and I seem to have particular weaknesses toward taller gals, redheads and girls with glasses), past that "character" comes first (in my studies and experience, for a man seeking to turn back from the dark path the love of a good woman, whether drawn upon for strength or sought as in incentive, seems to be a key ingredient), and using whatever brains she's got is a must--she doesn't have to be MENSA material (although it does help), but she does have to use what she has horsepower-wise to the best of her ability.

Just my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Derek WC said:
I define good looking as a nice face, red lipstick, not too heavy, seamed stockings, and just the look most women have on here. But the brains and values matter most, if I want to get to know them. (Hope that didn't sound too shallow :eek: )

But I don't want to know if there are garters attached to those stockings until I'm married to the girl.

Spoken like a true gentleman :eusa_clap

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
I'm married for the second time. What attracted me to my wife? When it comes to the looks department, I have what they call a very wide "tolerance level". To have attracted me, a woman did not have to have Classic looks of any kind. Most important in the looks department for me was not weight, height, hair color or whatever. It was cleanliness. If she didn't care about herself, then I would not be able to trust her with my own health and well being. (I'm not a germaphobe, either). Next was the right personality. Honesty, integrity, a sense of morality, a sense of loyalty and fidelity, a sense of fairness, and compassion. Next, brains. My wife and I have been married for 8 years and we've never had any trouble keeping meaningful conversations going. Next, a good sense of humor. Finally, a sense of respect for my feelings and what is important to me regardless of how important or unimportant it may have been to her. My wife happens to be gorgeous also in my opinion but that to me is just icing on the cake. You can't make a great cake with icing alone.

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
This topic has always been an interest of mine only now, it is serving the purpose of diversion from my very, very, overly invested personal life ;)

Hoping more fellows will chime in!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Physically, it is the eyes and mouth that attract me to a female but a personality has to follow.;)
Both of the woman I dated were (and are) funny intelligent women.
Luckily they weren't too picky about because they dated me.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe