Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett's Easter Sale

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Round 2, gents.

1950's Borsalino

Chocolate felt

Tagged 6 7/8 and it fits my 21 7/8" noggin just fine.

5" Crown

1 7/8" Chocolate ribbon with matching wind trolley

2 5/8" Cavanagh edge brim (and a thin one at that)

All the quality you expect from this Italian firm and almost "Mintage" (just a few spots on the liner)

$125 Shipped within USA

More to come this afternoon so stay tuned

Garrett

Lamson Hubbard Panama

With a 22 3/8" circumference its a hair shy of 7 1/8

4 5/8" Optimo blocked crown

7/8" Black ribbon with THREE rear kicks and decorative tattered edge

2 5/8" Back woven edge brim

This one definitely has "patina" and could use a clean and block. It also doesn't have the highest/tightest weave but it gets the job done :)

$125 Shipped within USA

Garrett

1930's G.A. Dunn & Co Homburg

Deep eggplant but with chocolate overtones

Tagged size 7 U.K. which translates into a 7 1/8 American. Circumference is 22 1/8"

5 1/4" Crown

2" matching ribbon

2 1/4" bound edge brim

$60 Shipped within USA

Garrett

Time for these to move - this will be the only price drop and they will not be appearing on ebay.

$75 Shipped for the Borsalino Fedora

$75 Shipped for the Lamson Hubbard Panama

$50 Shipped for the G.A. Dunn & Co Homburg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
C'mon, folks - These are
great deals :whip:

These ARE great deals, Garrett!! I guess there is only a select few on the lounge anymore who really appreciate the pre-40's stuff. 3-4 years ago this stuff would be flying off the shelves. Now....if the hats said WHIPPET on them.........different story.

Garrett

I know what you mean, Josh - seems there's only a handful of us into the oldies. More for us :)

Garrett

Size is a limiting factor...

The 6 7/8-7 crowd may seem scarce here but these folks tend to come out of the woodwork on every ebay auction I've participated in.

I prefer to sell on the lounge because I can give my fellow loungers a good deal AND it stays within our FL family. People here can appreciate these gems on a grander scale IMHO.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
The 6 7/8-7 crowd may seem scarce here but these folks tend to come out of the woodwork on every ebay auction I've participated in.

I prefer to sell on the lounge because I can give my fellow loungers a good deal AND it stays within our FL family. People here can appreciate these gems on a grander scale IMHO.

While head size is always a factor, I have also experienced exactly what Garrett has said. When hats are offered on the lounge in the classifieds......they sit.....and sit.....and sit, until they are posted on ebay. Garrett, like many of us do, advertise prices with SHIPPING INCLUDED. When bidding on ebay, shipping is paid separately and the seller gets slapped with ebay and paypal fees once the hats have sold. MANY times I have sold a hat on ebay for MORE money that I wanted on the lounge....and often will be bought by lounge members. I have never really understood it.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
While head size is always a factor, I have also experienced exactly what Garrett has said. When hats are offered on the lounge in the classifieds......they sit.....and sit.....and sit, until they are posted on ebay

I've noticed that Bond is able to sell his hats for what he asks and those are larger sizes. His usually don't sit too long.

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Thank you, Garrett, for working to keep your hats in our FL family. They are wonderful hats and the prices are certainly reasonable. Now, if I could only shrink my head.

If it wasn't for my closet full of brown Borsalinos! if only I didn't look stupid in Homburg hats!!:eusa_doh:

I check all you guys threads down here, as I'm the right size, and am looking specifically for European hats right now (thanks Josh, address coming, I got it today). I remember these hats were selling within hours just a few years ago in Classifieds. Maybe the guys who frequent the hats section just don't know that the Classifieds is lurking down here, and don't realise the deals that are to be had??

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I've been posting links to eBay auctions here, but from now on, I'm turning over a new leaf: you guys have reminded me that the best possible home for our beloved hats is with other hat lovers, so I'll offer hats for sale here first. Thanks for keeping me on the right path!

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82