Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaining/maintaining weight? Slowing down metabolism?

Idledame

Practically Family
I was really skinny all my life. At one time I tried eating 3 hot fudge sundaes every day besides regular meals, and didn't gain an ounce. My mother claimed she gained weight just watching me! I got sick of sundaes. As long as you're healthy and have energy, don't worry about it. I just tried to avoid sleeveless clothes and low cut tops, but really, most everything looks good on a thin body. And you can do layers and full skirts.
You will probably gain weight when you get older. I was 105 at age 30 and I have gained a pound a year since. I wish I was thin again now.
Enjoy being able to stuff your face with anything you want (though of course even thin people can have high cholesterol and clogged arteries)
Enjoy having lots of room in plane seats.
Enjoy showing off your skinny thighs.
Enjoy being able to wear clothes from the women's department, the men's department and the children's department!
I didn't have to deal with people thinking I was anorexic (the term didn't exist when I was thin) and I'm sure it's annoying having people suggest it, but they're just concerned, so don't get offended. It's not meant to be mean. Usually if you just say " it runs in my family" then they will just reply "you're so lucky". As with so many things in life, it's just not worth spending time, money, emotion on things you can't change. If you can't change the problem then you change your attitude and it's the same as not having the problem!

olive bleu

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
My life seems to revolve around food, I just can't help it!! It used to be that I couldn't eat when I was having one of my 'ill times' but now it's completely the other way. Some of you mentioned that when you hit 30 you put on eight, are you sure that it's not 25??

To make i worse, I just started work in a Patisserie :eusa_doh: If you have any requirements for cake let me know!

I hope you get things sorted, I know how awful it can be (I used to be stick thin with hip bones & everything!!)

Pie & cake is my advice :D

ooh. Good luck.i worked in a Patisserie for 3 years and i quickly became fast friends with several of the Pastry Chefs who used to leave little scraps of goodies on the edge of their work tables that i could munch on through the day.Funny thing though, i actually LOST weight while i was there and left at 125 pounds. i went from there to a desk job and have put on 50 lbs in the past three years.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82