Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: VTG 1950s/1960s Royal Stetson Open Road style 7 3/8 LO

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I really hate to part with this one cause its one of my favorites, but I am not a Long Oval, so it never fit me right. I bought it last november and got it without the crown ever been bashed. I say its still in very nice condition. No moth holes or tracks; could use a little cleaning on a small spot at back crease of crown, but definetly no stains at all. Inside lining is very clean but has only one small mark. Leather sweatband is like new. I'm asking $250 + shipping. You can PM me.

Silverbelly
Crown open: 5 1/4 in.
Bashed: Front, 4 1/4 in. Back, 3 3/4 in.
Brim: 2 3/4 in.
Size: 7 3/8 Long Oval (8 1/4 x 6 3/8 in.)

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03131.jpg

DSC03134.jpg

DSC03133.jpg

DSC03132.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02947.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I still have this hat if anyone is interested. Buyer from ebay had to back out at the end cause' of some emergency.
I will accept offers at this time. You can PM me.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I could be wrong but I thought that the royal and royal deluxe meant that it was rabbit (as opposed to twenty-five for example) and that the "The Open Road" on the sweat was the style of the hat. I have Open Road style hats that do not say "The Open Road". Just like Stetson Whippets - they made the same hat without naming it a whippet.

Alex

Practically Family
Thanks for the info. I was curious as to why they wouldn't name this one The Open Road if it looks exactly like it haha. Isn't beaver the more sought-after type of fur for a hat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe