Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS VINTAGE STETSON OPEN ROAD ABSOLUTELY MINT 7 3/8 or 23 in

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Greetings Big-Headed Loungers!

Thinning out the herd again. This lid is in absolutely perfect condition and I really HATE to see it go. Check out the pix; it looks brand new. (I've worn it out of the house exactly ONCE!) The flawless felt is a stunning dove grey (or silverbelly) - very soft and pliable. It even has the requisite wind string! The leather sweat is clean and supple. You'll notice that the sweat is not stamped "The Open Road" but, for all intents and purposes this western-style Stetson fedora truly is an Open Road. (If you're a stickler for that moniker you should probably pass on this lid - but I guarantee you will be hard-pressed to find a size 7 3/8 in this kind of stunningly pristine condition.)

Brim is 2 1/2 inches and the crown (unbashed) is about 5 1/2 inches.

Better grab it early. If you want this kind of quality and in this condition you will have to get really lucky at an estate sale or an ebay Buy It Now or shell out $500 or more at Optimo in Chicago.

But this amazing specimen can be yours for $315, shipping included CONUS.

DSC08622.jpg

DSC08623.jpg

DSC08624.jpg

DSC08625.jpg

DSC08626.jpg

DSC08627.jpg

DSC08628.jpg

DSC08629.jpg

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
This came with the hat. I've got it in storage somewhere and am currently searching. I will send it to the buyer.

westfed.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82