Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Greatest Generation Willis and Geiger M-422A

coolhandluke_7

New in Town
For sale: Greatest Generation Willis and Geiger M-422A

The M-422A jacket being offered is a custom manufactured piece from Steve Sellers of Greatest Generation Clothing Company. This high quality reproduction of Willis & Geiger's M-422A is made from very heavy seal goatskin with russet undertones. This goatskin is heavy enough for cold weather use and is still in the process of breaking in. There are a few minor scuffs, scratches, and areas of wear throughout the surface of the jacket from normal wear. No holes or notable wear on the liner or knits.

Jacket is sized as a 40. Measurements are shown in listing photos and noted below. Please carefully review measurements prior to purchasing. All sales are final. For reference, I was 5'10", 150 lbs, with a 39.5" chest when the photo below was taken.

Pit to pit: 20.5"
Shoulders: 17.5"
Back length: 25"
Sleeves: 24.5" on outside curve and 23" straight down

Asking $595.00 shipped in CONUS. Payment via PayPal.

MU9fohz.jpeg

mY5D1vp.jpeg

rba6gEJ.jpeg

9iWM3MP.jpeg

KdPHRMm.jpeg

2UAEHbx.jpeg

A207Sym.jpeg

MEp3mhi.jpeg

LY0Df5M.jpeg

coolhandluke_7

New in Town
The goat looks great. Nice, very much like the originals. Is reminds me of the goat used by fly suits LTD. GLWS.

Thank you sir. This goat is honestly quite a bit nicer than any Flight Suits / Gibson and Barnes hide that I've encountered. Not sure where Steve sourced this particular hide from, but it's notably thicker and heavier than any of the high quality Mexican or Pakistani goat that I've handled.

IMO, this jacket is verging on Good Wear or Sheeley territory when it comes to USN jackets. Not quite there, but getting close. Hopefully it will be a good deal for someone, considering that the asking price is less than what a new Headwind M-422A retails for and not than much more than a Five Star M-422A.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Thank you sir. This goat is honestly quite a bit nicer than any Flight Suits / Gibson and Barnes hide that I've encountered. Not sure where Steve sourced this particular hide from, but it's notably thicker and heavier than any of the high quality Mexican or Pakistani goat that I've handled.

IMO, this jacket is verging on Good Wear or Sheeley territory when it comes to USN jackets. Not quite there, but getting close. Hopefully it will be a good deal for someone, considering that the asking price is less than what a new Headwind M-422A retails for and not than much more than a Five Star M-422A.
Back in the day, flights Suits LTD used to sell a historical A-2 and G-1 made with "premium Indian goat". They had this nice color, grain and shine unlike any of their "regular" goat jackets. It was clearly the closets I have ever seen to my original G-1 and A2 jacket types. I must say, Your jacket does look great and a superior example, as you stated before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S