Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Four Must See Movies This Weekend

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
thenamesake.jpg
reignoverme.jpg
pride.jpg

and.....

turtles.jpg
!!!

Sharpe

New in Town
It's funny, the first 3 movie posters tell me nothing at all about what those movies are about. I don't think I could even guess what they'd be about.

The 4th picture however, it's obvious - I forgot this was coming out. I'll definetely have to catch it sometime though.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Gee, Sharpe, it's easy to figure out

"Namesake" is about a guy walking in the street and "Reign Over Me" is about two guys walking in the street.;)

Sincerely,
<---------

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
"Namesake" is about a guy walking in the street and "Reign Over Me" is about two guys walking in the street.;)

Sincerely,
<---------

what he said

I just got back from seeing "Reign Over Me" and never in my life have I ever seen two men walk in the street so perfectly....They need a category for the Oscars. "Two Toes Up!"

Great movie anyways. Go see it. Not just for the street walking though. You'll be disappointed.

A formet student of my high school produced "Pride". You could always see it just for his name in the credits...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How come a bunch of good looking, bare-chested Spartans fighting the odds are "homoerotic" but a bunch of good looking, bare-chested swimmers fighting the odds are "inspiring"?

[huh]

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I recently saw "The Namesake" at a film club screening before it was released here. I thought it was an outstanding film on being caught between two very different cultures - but I have enjoyed *all* of director Mira Nair's earlier films, like "Mississipi Masala" and "Monsoon Wedding", so it wasn't really a surprise.

Anyway, if you're in the mood for more serious fare, it features some wonderful performances, and it really has the ring of the truth. One of the best new films I've seen recently...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld