Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Four Foot Bathtubs

Late Deco

New in Town
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if 4 ' (four foot) bathtubs were around in the 30 's ~ 40's or is this something more recent that has been invented to suit small bathrooms ?

Looking at remodelling my bathroom in 30's ~ 40's style and a 4 ' bathtub would fit nicely and allow me to have shower (separate to bathtub) plus a 2nd toilet for the house, however I am conscious in trying to be authentic to the period so a little concerned that I might include something that wasn't around at the time.

Cheers,

Late Deco.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Those have been around for ages- its an easy style to manufacture. They certainly date back to the 19th century. They were very popular from the 1920's on.

Late Deco

New in Town
Flitcraft said:
Those have been around for ages- its an easy style to manufacture. They certainly date back to the 19th century. They were very popular from the 1920's on.

Hi Flitcraft,

I have seen four foot bathtubs from the 1900s / turn of the century which were clawfoot, but were there four foot (4 ') built in rectangular bathtubs (tiled from lip of bathtub to the floor) around the 1930s / 1940s ?

Cheers,

Late Deco.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
My brother and sister -in law live in a 1927 Craftsman style house that has a bult-in bath tub and a clawfoot one. The built in is situated in an alcove in the master bath- the whole space is tiled. This seems to be a typical design feature that fell out of favor, but is becoming popular again in high end homes.

Late Deco

New in Town
Decodence said:
I have a pic of one from a recent historic tour. Homes were 1920s in that neighborhood.

Hi Decodence,

Would you be able to upload a picture from your recent historic tour ?

Cheers,

Late Deco.

Late Deco

New in Town
Flitcraft said:
My brother and sister -in law live in a 1927 Craftsman style house that has a bult-in bath tub and a clawfoot one. The built in is situated in an alcove in the master bath- the whole space is tiled. This seems to be a typical design feature that fell out of favor, but is becoming popular again in high end homes.

Hi Flitcraft,

Is the built-in bath tub four foot (4') long ?

Cheers,

Late Deco.

Decodence

A-List Customer
Late Deco said:
Hi Decodence,

Would you be able to upload a picture from your recent historic tour ?

Cheers,

Late Deco.
DSC_5913%20(Large).JPG

DSC_5914%20(Large).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe