Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the smokers in the lounge

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I smoke plain ol Marlboro Lights. But I do carry them in a fancy cigarette case, it's silver and looks and opens like an envelope or very tiny purse. I use a regular lighter, I came very close to buying a beautiful Givenchy lighter, but with the way I lose them, I didn't want to spend the money on it.
If I'm gonna smoke a cigar, which I haven't done in ages, I prefer Macanudo or Punch, the smaller cigarelles. And yes, I do have a fancy little cigar cutter. I dated for a long time a man who owned a cigar store, which I worked in on the weekends, and had to try a lot of the product I was selling.
Matt Deckard swears by Cohiba Cigarettes, he says they are the best cig's out there if you can get your hands on them. Where's that box you promised me Matt?

zeus36

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
"Balkan Sobranie" was also the creme de la creme of pipe tobaccos. Loved that stuff. My pipes still miss it. :(

I bought tins of Balkan Sobranie from the Tinder Box years ago, but never thought the stuff would be obsolete. Have you seen the going prices for those cans now?

Last year I started smoking Bohemian Scandal pipe tobacco from G.L Pease. It was close to Sobranie, but the factory burned down and that stuff is no more as well!

Some will give a body part for an unopened tin :)

I've got a half a tin left to smoke on Christmas.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
This is my favorite tobacconist, in Georgetown. Tin ceilings, worn floors, persian carpets and that amazing, amazing aroma that only comes after years of men standing about puffing. Good selection of pipe tobacco, I think (though I don't use a pipe). And I find their cigar prices, in the main, to be reasonable.

super-balkan-web.jpg

A relative of mine is getting set up in the business and I look forward to some swell discounts. :)

Fedora

Vendor
I bought tins of Balkan Sobranie from the Tinder Box years ago, but never thought the stuff would be obsolete. Have you seen the going prices for those cans now?

I wish I would have save all of those tins I bought back in the mid 70's.

If anyone is looking for a blend that is close to to the Yenidje Balkan Sobranie, you can buy it from here, http://www.cigarettetobacco.com/index.htm

This may be the closest you will get. What I loved about the Oriental tobaccos is you do not get the typical stale tobacco odor normally associated with American tobacco. And of course, the Turkish tobacco is the mildest in the world.

I think the blend you need from the above site is called Ramdam, if I am not mistaken. You could use it in your pipe, or get one of those kits there, and roll your own. Cheaper than factory cigarettes, and if the Ramdam is even close to the original Sobranie, a heck of a bargain. Fedora

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
In my smoking days (I quit two years ago, after having smoked for seven years) I used to carry the cigarette case of my grandfather who gave it to my father before his death. After some time I was too afraid to lose that piece of memory and left it at home. On those rare days when I´m bound to wear a suit I still carry it in the inner pocket of my jacket, but it serves as a wallet now.

The cigarettes I smoked were mostly the cheapest (filterless) crap that was around. If I could afford it, I did buy Marlboro´s or Luckies, though.

Scotrace, judged by the looks that tobacco must smell heavenly!

Regards, A.

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
I enjoy a good cigar every so often. I have several different brands in my humidor.

I have an old Zippo from basic training days with a butane insert I use.

My fiance recently gave me a nice silver plated single cigar tube. I like to pick up Al Capone rum or cognac dipped cigarillos when I am travelling and limited in carrying regular cigars. They come in a plastic case that is great for keeping them from getting crushed.

Barry

Practically Family
scotrace said:
This is my favorite tobacconist, in Georgetown. Tin ceilings, worn floors, persian carpets and that amazing, amazing aroma that only comes after years of men standing about puffing. Good selection of pipe tobacco, I think (though I don't use a pipe). And I find their cigar prices, in the main, to be reasonable.

It's about 6 blocks from my condo. Nice place. I bought a small humidor there on clearance. I wish they would carry Fuente's Hemmingway series though. Curtis Draper which is located downtown has those and the prices are great. I have a cigar only once in a while - so I wind up opening it to check the humidity level more than I do to smoke.

Barry

Warden

One Too Many
On a related note, I see actor Mel Smith is in the news. He is currently playing Winston Churchill and the fuss is about should Mel's Churchill be allowed to smoke on stage?

See BBC news story

_41973140_melsmith203.jpg

Warden D

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Barry said:
It's about 6 blocks from my condo. Nice place. I bought a small humidor there on clearance. I wish they would carry Fuente's Hemmingway series though. Curtis Draper which is located downtown has those and the prices are great. I have a cigar only once in a while - so I wind up opening it to check the humidity level more than I do to smoke.

Barry

That is a beautiful Humidor. They can be quite pricey, you are so lucky to have found one on clearance.

As for Fuente's, as a gal, they are my favorites. Hemingway and I just purchased a few, looking forward to smoking them. Being that I am a gal, I prefer cigarello instead of cigars. If a gal is going to smoke a cigar, it should at least be a delicate looking one. I dated a man for over 5 years who owned a cigar shoppe. In the evening he would come home, we'd sit on the porch and we'd smoke a cigar. He was the one who introduced me to the Arturo Fuentes, and I have to say that I've never had one of his line that I didn't enjoy. He also makes a few smaller sized cigars, not cigarellos, that are just the perfect amount of flavor. They are smooth with a nice mellow after taste. If any ladies are reading this, and have contemplated trying cigars, I'd recommend this brand.

Gotro

New in Town
I'm kind of curious to see what the vintage-minded smoke. Personally I don't smoke out of addiction I just have one every now and again for flavor or to calm my nerves. My brand of choice is Djarum Blacks. They're 40% clove and simply to die for. I especially enjoy one after a meal.

S

Samsa

I've been off tobacco for the last year, with the exception of one weekend when I caved and bought a pack of smokes. When I did smoke it was Camel filters, sometimes Marlboros. I also occasionally smoke cigars (Paul Garmirian is a favorite). And I have been known to smoke a (tobacco) pipe from time to time.

S

Samsa

BegintheBeguine said:
It's sad that we have to specify (tobacco) pipe. Danged hippies. I smoke Captain Black, cheap at the PX.

I just wanted to make sure I was understood.:D When someone my age makes a reference to a pipe, there's a chance that it's something other than a tobacco pipe...

RedPop4

One Too Many
I enjoy a good cigar, but I'm much too indecisive to specify a favorite.
Recently I've enjoyed :
Tatuaje Jibaro
La Carolina (formerly Cupido,)by Cuban Crafters
Padilla
Perdomo Fresco--a $2.00 bundle from Perdomo, worth every penny, too.
Don Pepin Garcia blue label
Vegas Robaina Unicos
Por Larranaga Petit Corona

Just now getting into a pipe. That Dunhill Nightcap is really nice, McClellan 5100 Virginia and Red Cake are really nice.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Stopped smoking cigarettes 12 years ago. From one day to the next. But I promised myself that WHEN (not if) I started again I would only smoke expensive/cuban cigars. Was a nonsmoker for seven years and then I had my first cigar. Now I smoke 2-3 cigars a month...but last christmas in Cuba it was 3-4 cigars each day! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe