Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale - Vintage Woodsman/Hunting pants

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
This is the first time I have tried to sell something direct on the Lounge. Previously I have just alerted to my Ebay auctions, but since I have seen several threads regarding this style of breeches, I thought I would throw this up to the Loungers before putting them on auction.

I am not certain of the decade, but I would say no later than the 50's - more likely from the 30's-40's. I have seen illustrations from the 50's in Field and Stream, National Geographic, etc., and also movies where this style of breeches was still being worn by hunters, explorers, and other adventurous types.

These are NOT riding breeches or jodhpurs - there is no reinforcement at the knee, and they are not as blousey in the seat as the riding pants of that day were - they do have a reinforced seat, and are constructed of a material very similar to Filson's tin cloth - a very tightly woven, heavy cotton - the weight is similar to canvas, but the weave/thread count is much finer.

The legs lace instead of button and the fly is a button fly - has side and rear pockets, and a watch pocket. Pockets and inner lining are constructed from a heavy cotton material in a brown glen plaid.

Here is the great thing - the waist size is 39.5, with about an inch to let out. Length is 21" inseam and 36" outseam.

If interested, or if you need more pics, more dimensions, description, etc, PM me. $50 shipped in CONUS. Overseas inquire for shipping price. A couple of days & I will put on auction. Thanks!

IMG_2459.jpg

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Sorry, lads!

Have just sent payment for the breeches and presume all will be well with the purchase.

I wish MM had three pair....but there you have it. For what it's worth--no promises here, mind you--these will not fit me, and I don't think I'd wear originals out hunting even if they did: I'm buying these to use as documentation for making up a repro pair.

If I decide to pass them on once I've done that, they will be offered here.

"Skeet"

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Thanks Mr Skeet - I will be posting other items & I think I have a pair of actual riding pants/jodhpurs in khaki, in the same size that I will try & put up soon.

So, SOLD! Thanks!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Good for you. That'll be me wearing the sign saying:

"Will lurk for pants"

CP

Boodles

A-List Customer
Mr Skeet, if you do decide to pass them on

If you do decide to pass them on at some point in the future please keep us, Dibs #2 and #3, in mind.

[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Have just sent payment for the breeches and presume all will be well with the purchase.

I wish MM had three pair....but there you have it. For what it's worth--no promises here, mind you--these will not fit me, and I don't think I'd wear originals out hunting even if they did: I'm buying these to use as documentation for making up a repro pair.

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Boodles

A-List Customer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe