Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale: Rainbow Country "Ponyboy" Aviator Size 42 (21.5"P2P) USD $775

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My Ponyboy in a size 40 has the same measurements as the one sold here. It's why I sized up to a 42 for my most recent Hercules. I also have an RC Single Rider from Avenue in a size 40 that fits similar to the 42 Hercules
I was just going by my current experience… I cannot wear size 42 Hercules comfortably and moved onto size 44. But then Hercules sizing differently from 42 to 44 only affects the chest/ shoulder. They have same sleeve and length I believe.

In pony boy, I can wear size 42 very comfortably even with the very stiff one I have in tobacco brown.

View attachment 644617 View attachment 644618 View attachment 644619
Ahh, I see what you guys mean now. And I just went back to all my notes and I agree the Pony is slightly bigger than the Herc in the same tag. The center pleat really give a lot of ease.

Most noticably from the side view, the Ponyboy 42 is almost as wide as the Herc in 44,
Size 42 Herc / Size 42 Pony / Size 44 Herc
RC Hercules 42 vs 44 side closed.JPG

The black Ponyboy in this thread is made from a very pliable drapey leather batch like the size 42 Herc I have (brown one on the left), so it's very forgiving in fits. My orange Herc is the thick stiffy stuff. I like both. Rainbow Country has really nice hides.

I guess I am trying to convince myself that the 42 Herc is big enough for me to justify it being in the closet. I rarely wear it to be honest, had it for 2.5 years now but wore it less times than the orange 44 Herc that I just got this year. It gets quite tapered towards the half belt area. Rainbow Country jackets are so awesome it's hard to let them go...

Shawnziee

Familiar Face
Ahh, I see what you guys mean now. And I just went back to all my notes and I agree the Pony is slightly bigger than the Herc in the same tag. The center pleat really give a lot of ease.

Most noticably from the side view, the Ponyboy 42 is almost as wide as the Herc in 44,
View attachment 644624

The black Ponyboy in this thread is made from a very pliable drapey leather batch like the size 42 Herc I have (brown one on the left), so it's very forgiving in fits. My orange Herc is the thick stiffy stuff. I like both. Rainbow Country has really nice hides.

I guess I am trying to convince myself that the 42 Herc is big enough for me to justify it being in the closet. I rarely wear it to be honest, had it for 2.5 years now but wore it less times than the orange 44 Herc that I just got this year. It gets quite tapered towards the half belt area. Rainbow Country jackets are so awesome it's hard to let them go...
Oh wow, that Herc looks so sweet! (Look into my eyes) I am going to attempt to hypnotize you... You would like to sell the Herc to me...

On a more serious note, this was a great comparison. This type of information is so valuable to me. We all love jackets that aren’t readily available, and often we have to purchase them without trying them on. Members like you who provide comparisons like this make a big difference in helping us make the right choice.

111Joel111

One of the Regulars

View attachment 644624

I personally prefer the way the 42 Herc looks on you. The back scoops it.

Jiantle

One of the Regulars
FWIW despite the 21.5inch p2p, this jacket actually fits my 41 inch chest better and has better mobility than other jackets I have with 22.5inch p2p. The chest measurement is very misleading. I can layer under this jacket while I can't under the ones I have with larger measurements. Can also attest to @Canuck Panda's comment that the leather is incredible. Real soft and drapey.

I really wanted to like the jacket, but the )( cut combined with the length and the extra leather from the cross zip style makes the front panels flare out in an unflattering way for me when worn open, and since I prefer wearing my jackets open, it's a no-go. Maybe a size 40 would be better :)

20241004_132841.jpg

I think it'll fit @Sagar85 much better, judging from his photos of his other Ponyboy in 42. Happy it found a new home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centurionslut