Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE OR TRADE 1939 TAGGED YOUNG MEN'S SUIT W/ PINCH PLEATS

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
There was no interest in this suit on ebay, so I thought I would post it here. I would be willing to either sell this suit for $60 (which is how much I bought it for) or trade it for a vintage pair of slacks (35 x 30) or sports coat (size 42).

1940's young men's suit in a great pin striped spring-summer weight fabric! This suit would look great with some nice white bucks! What really makes this suit special are the dual darts along the front seams (see pics). The darts really accentuate the fitted hourglass look of this suit. Here are more details:
*Padded shoulders
*three button closure with high and wide notch lapels
*ventless
*petal lining
*1939 Union tag on the jacket AND pants
*Dropped belt loops
*watch pocket along the waistband

This suit is in good vintage condition. There is a small tear on the jacket behind the (see pic) that can be easily rewoven. Other than that I detected no other holes, tears, rips, stains or odors. I have supplied pics with and without flash. Any discoloration is from my camera and not the fabric.

Measurements:
Chest: 40 inches
Shoulders: 19 inches
Waist: 37 inches
Sleeve: 24 inches
Total length: 32 inches
Pants: Waist: 33 inches
Inseam: 30 inches
Total Length: 42
fde0_3.JPG

!BM1sGVg!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKjwEjlLmVD,kBJmigcdijQ~~_3.JPG
160e_3.JPG
1303_3.JPG
a24c_3.JPG
a46b_3.JPG
092f_3.JPG
0ac6_3.JPG

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
The size, details, and informal construction match up with what I've seen advertised as young or college age men's suits in vintage Sears and Montgomery Ward's catalogs.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Mud,

I tried to message you but your inbox was fulll. Would you PM me the measurements of that jacket? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld