Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1930's Rubio Fedora SZ 6 7/8 - 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here is an interesting one....This Rubio is kind of a mystery. I am not sure where it was made, but I suspect it was made in Europe based on the sweatband design and printing. If I were to guess I would say this hat is a WOOL/FUR mix. I can't prove it, but the felt has a rougher texture to it which reminds me of wool. Its pre-war wool and is far superior to anything made today. It still has the original basting stitches in the ribbon which is a telltale sign of a 1930's hat. There is a stain in the front of the ribbon. There used to be a round pin that was attached to the hat but is no longer. The color of the felt is a gray-ish brown. The pictures make it appear more gray than it really is.

I'm asking $45 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

Open Crown: 5 5/8 Inches Tall

Brim: 2 1/4 inches wide

Ribbon: 2 inches wide

Sweatband: 7 1/2 x 6 1/4 (21.6 inches in circumference) Large 6 7/8 or very small 7

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gee...that looks familiar but I can't place it...hmmm....WAIT!!!!!! I remember now ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82